PDA

View Full Version : Why dont bad baseball teams put their #1 starter against the other #5

1952boyntoncollector
03-19-2019, 04:55 PM
The marlins for example are going to lose 100 games most likely.

If every win matters, wont their number 1-2 pitchers have a better chance to win against their opponents #4-5

If going to lose 90% of the time with your #1 v #1 for example..who cares if it goes up to 97% with your #5 versus the #1. Your #1 going to have a much better chance to beat the other teams #5...

Teams align their pitching staff a lot and can just skip a day or bring in a number 6 to get it back aligned.

I like that idea then the 3 inning starting pitcher and bullpen game...

Peter_Spaeth
03-19-2019, 06:21 PM
The marlins for example are going to lose 100 games most likely.

If every win matters, wont their number 1-2 pitchers have a better chance to win against their opponents #4-5

If going to lose 90% of the time with your #1 v #1 for example..who cares if it goes up to 97% with your #5 versus the #1. Your #1 going to have a much better chance to beat the other teams #5...

Teams align their pitching staff a lot and can just skip a day or bring in a number 6 to get it back aligned.

I like that idea then the 3 inning starting pitcher and bullpen game...

I would imagine that within a couple of weeks 1 isn't facing 1 any more and that it becomes close to random so you really can't pre-program it anyhow. injuries, rainouts, short stints where the pitcher comes back on less than usual rest, change of plans, etc. Plus teams have staggered travel days off.

1952boyntoncollector
03-19-2019, 07:45 PM
I would imagine that within a couple of weeks 1 isn't facing 1 any more and that it becomes close to random so you really can't pre-program it anyhow. injuries, rainouts, short stints where the pitcher comes back on less than usual rest, change of plans, etc. Plus teams have staggered travel days off.

teams move schedules around you can at least have your 1 versus their number 4..so there is a margin for error....why burn your number one against Degrom..where the betting line is -400 when you can have a -130 matchup the next day