PDA

View Full Version : Odell...

Marckus99
03-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Packing and headed to wonderful Cleveland...

Lol.

KCRfan1
03-12-2019, 08:46 PM
The Browns are putting together a bit of team. Could be fun to watch this coming year.

Jim65
03-13-2019, 04:59 AM
I'm not a Giants fan but I live about a mile from Metlife Stadium, I'm in the heart of Giants country. I'm glad he's gone so don't have to hear about the bullshit anymore. Great talent, but not worth the trouble.

D. Bergin
03-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Scratching my head as a Giants fan. If (and I do bold the word "if") Beckham stays healthy, the Giants just gifted a generational receiving talent to a surging franchise, 4 years of team control for less then the cost of a Sammy Watkins contract, with the Giants eating all of the bonus money as dead cap space.

We thought Eli was a dubious choice to continue with this offense already, especially with his cap hit. Please check his numbers with Beckham on the field compared to Beckham not on the field.

It's going to be ugly this year. Only thing I can think of is Gettleman is going for a Browns type years long rebuild. Please pray for poor Saquon Barkely, who is going to get lit up as the only player Eli feels comfortable handing off or dumping off to.

packs
03-13-2019, 11:56 AM
OBJ is bad but letting Landon Collins walk for nothing is worse. The Giants had all last season to decide he wasn't in their long-term plans and trade him. Instead that sat on their hands and got nothing.

If the Giants don't walk away with picks to rival the Cowboys in the 90s they are dead in the water for another decade.

D. Bergin
03-13-2019, 12:30 PM
OBJ is bad but letting Landon Collins walk for nothing is worse. The Giants had all last season to decide he wasn't in their long-term plans and trade him. Instead that sat on their hands and got nothing.

If the Giants don't walk away with picks to rival the Cowboys in the 90s they are dead in the water for another decade.

Yup, they certainly misjudged the market for Landon. I thought Gettleman got a minor victory in the Olivier Vernon trade (even though it essentially leaves them with zero pass rush), but nearly everything else he has done (including keeping Eli and his cap hit around), I don't understand in the least.

Right now they are playing for the season after next when they get some salary cap relief from all the dead money on their hands and let Eli ride into the sunset with a 1 to 4 win season and a little more protection from the offensive line so he has slightly more time to dump the ball off to Barkley.