PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Around Guys:

clydepepper
03-02-2019, 07:38 AM
Noting that Jarrod Saltalamacchia is now listed as retired, who will we look to provide the most 'crowded' jersey?

commishbob
03-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Dom Thompson-Williams, an outfielder in Mariners' camp. He's been at A Ball so he's a bit away from making the big league club. When (if) he gets there he'll own the record.

clydepepper
03-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Dom Thompson-Williams, an outfielder in Mariners' camp. He's been at A Ball so he's a bit away from making the big league club. When (if) he gets there he'll own the record.

Bob-

The trend (and assumption) of having both parents last names on the jersey makes it too easy. How about single last names?

D. Bergin
03-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Longest non-hyphenated last name by character I could find for a Spring Training invitee was the White Sox prospect Trey Michalczewski, but he looks like a longshot of ever getting a callup, unless he happens to be an absolute wiz with the glove.

Lots of 11 character names out there, maybe a couple 12 character names. Comes down to letter formation I guess.

clydepepper
03-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I recall Bill Van Landingham with the Giants - with the space, that's 14 letter spaces...equal to Saltalamacchia and one more than Michalczeski.

After checking BBR, the space is left out so it becomes VanLandingham with 13 letters - and tied for second place.

commishbob
03-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Bob-

The trend (and assumption) of having both parents last names on the jersey makes it too easy. How about single last names?

Sorry I wasn’t aware of the qualifiers ;) :p

Yastrzemski Sports
03-03-2019, 02:07 AM
Reminds me of this story from a few years ago.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-tough/2011/08/red-sox-jersey-stitcher-planning-underground-operation-to-kill-jarrod-saltalamacchia/

clydepepper
03-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Reminds me of this story from a few years ago.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-tough/2011/08/red-sox-jersey-stitcher-planning-underground-operation-to-kill-jarrod-saltalamacchia/

That was GREAT, Adam! Thanks for sharing.

LMAO