PDA

View Full Version : Attn Ebay sellers; look at this early message I got.

cardsnstuff
02-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Talk about BS and a way to charge more now when you exceed your free store listings; what's your take on this?? opinions wanted.

The listing duration for all fixed price listings will be Good 'Til Cancelled

Starting in mid-March 2019, the listing duration for all new fixed price listings on eBay will be Good 'Til Cancelled. Existing fixed price listings that are not Good 'Til Cancelled will continue until they sell or end at their specified duration. If a short-duration fixed price item is relisted, the duration will be set to Good 'Til Cancelled upon relist.

Good 'Til Cancelled listings renew automatically every 30 days unless your item sells before that timeframe. We charge an insertion fee every 30-day period. Good 'Til Cancelled listings count toward your monthly zero insertion fee listings. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews.

With Good 'Til Cancelled listings you can take advantage of the out-of-stock feature. If your listing reaches a quantity of zero, we will show it as out-of-stock to buyers. By using out-of-stock, your listing will retain its purchase and search history, so that when you replenish your stock, buyers can easily find your listing. Learn more about the out-of-stock feature.

Aquarian Sports Cards
02-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Not sure I understand your complaint. Do you frequently take down listings now, or not relist items? I renew every item I sell anyway so no big whoop for me.

cardsnstuff
02-26-2019, 02:53 PM
So at any given time I may have 15000-20000 cards in inventory available for ebay; I have a premium store {1000 free listings} and I like to rotate inventory and add new inventory as time permits

D. Bergin
02-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I understand his concern. It's real F'ing cagey on Ebay's part, that's what it is.

x2drich2000
02-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Anyone want to bet we start getting more 500-1000 free fixed price listings so that when we don't take them down before they auto-renew we get hit with the listing fees?

megalimey
02-26-2019, 04:51 PM
State sales tax requirement update
In October 2018, we announced that several states passed laws requiring eBay, as well as other online marketplaces, to collect sales tax on taxable items mailed to addresses in those states. In such cases, eBay calculates, collects, and remits the sales tax on your behalf. We collect the sales tax at checkout and you do not need to take any action. We do not charge a fee for this function.

More states will require eBay to collect sales tax later this year. You can find current information about these states on our Help page.

Starting in March 2019, our new Orders Report will itemize how much tax eBay collected and remitted for transactions in marketplace responsibility states.

We will apply state sales tax to items sold on eBay based on each state's unique tax requirements. We partner with leading tax provider Vertex to ensure our tax calculator accurately reflects state and local tax law, and regularly update our tax calculations. If you believe sales tax has been applied in error, please contact us.

so there going to do all this work and not end up charging sellers a fee at some point ,

savedfrommyspokes
02-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Talk about BS and a way to charge more now when you exceed your free store listings; what's your take on this?? opinions wanted.

For me, the problem with this is I prefer not to use the GTC listings despite their obvious convenience.. I have 15K listings that I relist once a month(I typically list as many new items as a I sell a month, so the 15K listings are different each month). Relisting every 30 days allows the 15K returning listings each month to show up as new listings not as a stale old listing which is what happens with a GTC listing. In my experience, new listings sell quicker than old listings as some users sort their searches from new to old to catch the latest FP listings.

FWIW, about 5 years ago, I started relisting each item monthly (yes, it takes a little extra time a few days a week) instead of using the GTC listings. My sales increased by 10% that year and have not slowed since. Seems as though when an item is relisted buyers are under the impression it is a new item which helps to sell quicker.

With this change, my only option now, to achieve the same results as having each listing end monthly and to relist, is to manually end each listing and then relist....this change will now create more work on my end to have listings appear new.

Seems like yet another ebay decision that is going to be counterproductive to my sales or cost me more time. Go figure.

Peter_Spaeth
02-26-2019, 07:19 PM
If you renew listings they will pop up in people's saved searches, otherwise not, right?

buymycards
02-26-2019, 07:40 PM
This will be a PITA for me. At the moment, I receive 500 (250 auctions and 250 fixed price) free listings a month with my store. I like to run them for 30 days, and I will relist some of them, but I like to rotate other items and add new items without going over 500. I feel like eBay is forcing me to upgrade to the next level of store, with my monthly store fee going from $20 a month up to $60. Sure, I will receive 1000 BIN's and 500 auctions, but I really don't want to list that many, but I feel like I will have to do that in order to recover the $60 per month, plus 8.9% ebay fees and 2.9% PayPal fees, plus the 35 cent per payment PayPal fees.

Leon
02-27-2019, 07:19 AM
Seems like they still want to be Amazon with the "out of stock" comment. Glad I don't sell there any longer though I could in the future. With each ebay "unimprovement" I get further away from wanting to.

Yastrzemski Sports
02-27-2019, 07:47 AM
This is very true. eBay should be happy to be eBay. The problem is that they want to be amazon. But being a publicly traded company they always need to make more money. You do reach a point of saturation at which you make tons and can’t always make more. That’s death for those companies. Then they have to try to get more out of their existing customers. They continually raise fees on stores and take away discounts. Every time I open an email about a seller update I wonder how much it’s going to cost me. While I don’t personally like 30 day (I prefer run til sold) you should have the option.

Seems like they still want to be Amazon with the "out of stock" comment. Glad I don't sell there any longer though I could in the future. With each ebay "unimprovement" I get further away from wanting to.

Exhibitman
02-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I understand his concern. It's real F'ing cagey on Ebay's part, that's what it is.

Ditto. If you have a basic store (250/250) you have to monitor your inventory as the month ends to ensure that you don't go over the limits. With GTC listings you can't control the closes and renewals. I am sure it will tip lots of us 'basic' sellers into extra fee range.

D. Bergin
02-27-2019, 09:17 AM
I can't wait to pay insertion fees for "Out of Stock" listings, when Ebay sets that as my default setting and forgets to tell me.

thecatspajamas
02-27-2019, 10:04 AM
I can't wait to pay insertion fees for "Out of Stock" listings, when Ebay sets that as my default setting and forgets to tell me.

This exactly. Although that's only slightly worse than their current procedure of "your item has listed too long without any sales, so we're not going to include it in any search results. Technically it's still there, so we'll still charge our fees, but you'll need to figure out another way to direct traffic to it."

SMPEP
02-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Ebay has finally become a Real Estate agent.

The RE agents could cares LESS what a home sells for. The difference between 3% of $200k and $201K is negligible to them.

What RE agents want are FAST sales (at any price).

Same with Ebay.

Since sellers want the best price they can get, Ebay is now officially not in line with seller's needs.

The Logical Conclusion - I should no longer sell on Ebay.

Also, I should no longer buy large lots, and keep a few items and reselling the remainder.

Time to go delete a few snipes.