PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question... T227 Baker Beater

Batjac1
02-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Hi Guys, Just rejoined after being away for about four years - quick and probably dumb question...

I know this card is what it is, but since this card is the 4 figure range in good condition, is there a market for a card like this in this condition?

Getting ready to sell off my remaining cards and this one is the worst of the lot. The rest are all in decent shape. Since I'm not a collector, I figured I'd check with you folks since you all helped me a lot with that Uzit/Crandall I had a few years back.

Thanks!

Aquarian Sports Cards
02-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Is it trimmed or is the border just cut off in the photo of the front?

ToddW.
02-25-2019, 06:50 PM
While I will let some of the experts weigh in, I would certainly think there is some market for this -- graded AUTH/1s have sold within the past few years. Doesn't look like there are many to begin with.

x2drich2000
02-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Lots of collector's collect items in really poor shape that they couldn't afford any other way and T227s are a pretty popular group even in low grade. As an example, the card below has sold at least twice in the past two years, once for $180 and the second time for $105.

https://cardtarget.blob.core.windows.net/auctionimages/ebay/118493252.png

Batjac1
02-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Is it trimmed or is the border just cut off in the photo of the front?

It wasn't trimmed. Judging by the back as well, looks like it was just not centered.

Leon
03-02-2019, 10:51 AM
There is a market for everything at a price.

Hi Guys, Just rejoined after being away for about four years - quick and probably dumb question...

I know this card is what it is, but since this card is the 4 figure range in good condition, is there a market for a card like this in this condition?

Getting ready to sell off my remaining cards and this one is the worst of the lot. The rest are all in decent shape. Since I'm not a collector, I figured I'd check with you folks since you all helped me a lot with that Uzit/Crandall I had a few years back.

Thanks!

Batjac1
06-03-2020, 10:54 AM
I put this card in the June 10th 2020 Birmingham Auction, with the rest of my cards...

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-03-2020, 01:02 PM
I put this card in the June 10th 2020 Birmingham Auction, with the rest of my cards...

Had a moment of abject terror for half a second because I didn't remember your user name. Yup, Doug's Mr. Baker will be available, along with a ton of lower grade T205's and some other odds and ends he consigned. Oh and a few other items as well! :)

Batjac1
07-01-2020, 09:32 AM
$213.00 It was the last of my 171 cards to close... I'm really glad they are in the hands of folks that will treasure them. Thank you to all that bid.

Leon
07-03-2020, 08:45 AM
$213.00 It was the last of my 171 cards to close... I'm really glad they are in the hands of folks that will treasure them. Thank you to all that bid.

That was a solid price. Scott and team did pretty good for you....

Batjac1
07-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Thanks Leon, Yes, Scott is class act - he told me I'd have a check by the 4th of July. Got the check today.

Leon, your site was of immense value to me as I educated myself over the years - you may remember I had that only know Crandall with the UZIT back.

Please don't ever underestimate the service this forum provides.

Thanks for what you do.

Doug