PDA

View Full Version : Toploader Binder(s)

VintageVinnie
02-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone. Has anybody used "toploader binders" for their '52-54 Topps sets? I came across their website recently under "toploader binders." They basically sell special binders and pages (6 to a page) that fit vintage toploaders so they can be stored in pages, vertically. For the 52-54 sets, it sounds like a great option if you don't want to view them horizontally in your binder in traditional vintage pages. Plus, the fact you can put them into toploaders and THEN into pages offers added protection. Just curious if anybody has used this and what they thought. Thanks!

vintagebaseballcardguy
02-25-2019, 05:36 PM
I once thought this product would be the way to go. I purchased one for a 1969 Topps football set (263 cards). I do not like it. Once the cards are in, it just feels really large and wobbly, and there is no way to enclose it. I much prefer an Archival Methods binder and slip case combo with the cards in CardSaver 1s in 4 pocket pages. That's how my 1953 and 1954 Topps baseball sets are housed, and I much prefer it. You can stack them, and they are very sturdy. The Toploader binder takes up a lot of space.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VintageVinnie
02-25-2019, 06:51 PM
That's too bad, looked like a decent idea. I have also used the archival binder and slip case with 4 pocket sheets for my smaller sets. It's a great idea and looks really good! My only concern with putting my 54 Topps (250 cards) in 4 pocket sheets is I would need about 62 sheets in a big 3 ring binder. Just seems like a lot...

Harliduck
02-25-2019, 07:47 PM
I used these for my 54' and 55' Topps sets. I am in the process of rebuilding and had just brought this empty one back out. I didn't have any issues that were mentioned above, I love them. They are a little sloppy if you have all your sheets in, and only half the set just due to thickness because as you pointed out, they stay in a plastic holder set into slotted pages...but I'll say these work really well for me.

https://i.ibb.co/jwkG8XQ/Closed-55s2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/cCtB7nP/Open-55s2.jpg

I will add that they won't hold a set as big as 56 Topps, just too many cards. Sorry I couldn't get the pictures the way I took them, they are sideways...lol.

VintageVinnie
02-26-2019, 05:15 AM
Wow, those actually look really good John. Were you able to get the 54 set in one binder? Do you remember if you used standard toploaders or Vintage top loaders? Just wondering what fits best. If I can fit the 54 set in one binder, I may try it.

DBesse27
02-28-2019, 08:51 AM
I once thought this product would be the way to go. I purchased one for a 1969 Topps football set (263 cards). I do not like it. Once the cards are in, it just feels really large and wobbly, and there is no way to enclose it. I much prefer an Archival Methods binder and slip case combo with the cards in CardSaver 1s in 4 pocket pages. That's how my 1953 and 1954 Topps baseball sets are housed, and I much prefer it. You can stack them, and they are very sturdy. The Toploader binder takes up a lot of space.

I much prefer this. CS1's in 4 pocket pages. Less bulky too!

Harliduck
02-28-2019, 07:43 PM
54 set fit perfectly imho...and I used vintage top loaders...they fit best. Regular top loaders swim a bit. The sheets have a nice way of "locking" in with the vintage...

Wow, those actually look really good John. Were you able to get the 54 set in one binder? Do you remember if you used standard toploaders or Vintage top loaders? Just wondering what fits best. If I can fit the 54 set in one binder, I may try it.

VintageVinnie
03-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Thanks, John. Much appreciated!!