PDA

View Full Version : OT: After 57 years, I just saw something on a card I never noticed

Buythatcard
02-17-2019, 07:58 PM
I have seen this card more times than I can remember over the last 57 years. I never noticed anything strange about it until one of my buyers pointed it out to me this morning.

When you look at this card, you think the photos were taken right after each other. But if you look between Killebrew's legs, you will see a different player in photo 1 than you see in 2 and 3. Also, Killebrew is wearing long sleeves in the first photo, while wearing short sleeves in the other. Finally, you can see that the crowd is different in the background. So, now it is obvious that the photos were taken on different days.

How did I miss all that? I will never look at this card in the same way as I did before.

Am I the only one who never noticed that?

slidekellyslide
02-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Interesting observation...I never noticed that either. The second and third photos were definitely taken at the same game, but the color of clothing on some of the fans has changed.

frankbmd
02-18-2019, 06:59 AM
It takes more than one day to send one into orbit.

ullmandds
02-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Cool! I also never noticed that...causedme to check out all the other 62 action cards. The killebrew is the only one with multi day cropping!!!!

Fred
02-18-2019, 07:06 AM
That is an interesting observation.

Is that the Menendez brothers in the stands?

darwinbulldog
02-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Just wait till you see what I noticed on my Billy Ripken card the other day.

Buythatcard
02-18-2019, 08:36 AM
That is an interesting observation.

Is that the Menendez brothers in the stands?

They weren't born yet but I think that I see Lee Harvey Oswald.

Bigdaddy
02-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Just wait till you see what I noticed on my Billy Ripken card the other day.

Now that's funny!

Michael B
02-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Photos 2 and 3 may be the same day, but they may not be the same at bat which may be why the man between his legs in those two photos has moved about 2 feet to the right. Also notice the woman above his helmet in photo 2 and the man above his helmet in photo 3. The color of their shirts changes from blue to yellow. Also with the man sitting at 10 o'clock relative to the woman his shirt changes from yellow to white.

frankbmd
02-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Photos 2 and 3 may be the same day, but they may not be the same at bat which may be why the man between his legs in those two photos has moved about 2 feet to the right. Also notice the woman above his helmet in photo 2 and the man above his helmet in photo 3. The color of their shirts changes from blue to yellow. Also with the man sitting at 10 o'clock relative to the woman his shirt changes from yellow to white.

Yeah, didn't want to mention it but I always take an extra shirt or two of different colors when attending a MLB game.:confused::confused::confused:

And where is the proof that the ball actually went into orbit?

laughlinfan
02-18-2019, 08:10 PM
So, someone probably has some original artwork from one of these special cards in 1962 and can verify, but it sure looks like the card was produced from flexichromes created from original black and white photos. But wouldn't you think they would have had the same artist do shots two and three, and keep the fans in the same colored shirts?

Mark17
02-18-2019, 08:16 PM
So, someone probably has some original artwork from one of these special cards in 1962 and can verify, but it sure looks like the card was produced from flexichromes created from original black and white photos. But wouldn't you think they would have had the same artist do shots two and three, and keep the fans in the same colored shirts?

Too much effort. The quality control requirement was not to make a perfectly sequenced trio of action photos; the requirement was just to fool the world for 57 years.