PDA

View Full Version : SGC Shipping

jchcollins
02-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Question for those of you that do this more frequently than me; this is my 2nd ever submission to a grading company in about 20 years:

How long does SGC typically take to get stuff back in the mail AFTER grading?

I sent in just one card last week that has sentimental value, and though it will only grade an A - I wanted to get it in a slab for future generations. I did the next day turnaround option, which seemed to work out fine - per my online account with SGC the card arrived last Thursday, and was graded on Friday. So today, I was expecting a shipping notification, but didn't get one. Does my one card then get in line with everything else to go back out the door?

No big deal if it takes a few days to acquire a priority tracking label - but like I said I don't do this often, and am just curious.

Thanks,
-John

Peter_Spaeth
02-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Did you check the site again, I have had it happen that they shipped but the notification did not go out.

jchcollins
02-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I’ve been checking it all day. It still says that it’s graded but not shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_Spaeth
02-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I’ve been checking it all day. It still says that it’s graded but not shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll drive yourself crazy checking it all day. Just wait for it to show up, I am sure it won't be long.

Millerd33
02-11-2019, 06:40 PM
The way it works now is... When it goes from submitted to graded that means it's in line for slabbing. When it moves to on it's way back is when the grade pops and your tracking will show up.

I have seen between 1 day and 5 days to go from graded to on it's way back.

jchcollins
02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
The way it works now is... When it goes from submitted to graded that means it's in line for slabbing. When it moves to on it's way back is when the grade pops and your tracking will show up.

I have seen between 1 day and 5 days to go from graded to on it's way back.

Thanks. That makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buymycards
02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
My last 2 submissions never showed up as shipped on the website. No tracking, no shipping date, they just showed up with the mail man.

Zan
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM
It's definitely one of the most impatient times I have had as a collector, waiting for that email to say they are shipped then rushing to the site to check my grades.

jchcollins
02-12-2019, 06:35 AM
SGC's new website is cool, but it doesn't help matters that it's got a few issues. There are broken links to get to your submission status, and the login functionality is weird - occasionally makes you do it twice.

timn1
02-12-2019, 08:21 AM
You don’t always know when you’re going to see your SGC cards..

My last 2 submissions never showed up as shipped on the website. No tracking, no shipping date, they just showed up with the mail man.

bnorth
02-12-2019, 08:28 AM
SGC's new website is cool, but it doesn't help matters that it's got a few issues. There are broken links to get to your submission status, and the login functionality is weird - occasionally makes you do it twice.

LOL, SGC is by far my favorite service but those guys have to seriously get off the weed. OK they might not be pot heads but they sure run the place like they are.

Last night I was looking at what it would cost to grade a higher end card. When I clicked on the "Grading return postage fees" it sent me to a page that said "Nothing to see here".:eek:

jchcollins
02-12-2019, 08:28 AM
You don’t always know when you’re going to see your SGC cards..

For once every decade or so I will make do, but this is one of the things I really hate about sending cards in. If I pay to have next day "turnaround", one would think that means graded and back on their way. I get that apparently it only means the grading step, that the cards will get at least that far in the process by "the next business day."

The whole thing to me even for one card still seems like a tremendous pain in the @ss...:mad:

jchcollins
02-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Yipeee! I now have a tracking number. :D