PDA

View Full Version : Mantle, Billy Martin opinion please

theshleps
02-06-2019, 01:04 PM
I know the Rizzuto is good and Killebrew. Most interested in Mantle, Martin and mays. Thanks is advance

Fuddjcal
02-06-2019, 04:25 PM
I almost like the Mantle, but the key word is Almost. The first M doesn't look good and neither does the 2nd. The interaction between the Ma is non existent and very atypical. It is most likely a forgery but even if it is real, it's horrible and I would not want it alongside the other 2-fake sharpie sigs, IMHO. Terrible Fleece Mop with the 3" thick sharpie and Killebrew took pride in his signature as well. therefore, I highly doubt he signed the card.

Mr. Zipper
02-07-2019, 07:28 AM
I almost like the Mantle, but the key word is Almost. The first M doesn't look good and neither does the 2nd. The interaction between the Ma is non existent and very atypical. It is most likely a forgery but even if it is real, it's horrible and I would not want it alongside the other 2-fake sharpie sigs, IMHO. Terrible Fleece Mop with the 3" thick sharpie and Killebrew took pride in his signature as well. therefore, I highly doubt he signed the card.

I agree with Fudd. The slabbed Mantle could possibly be okay, but it doesn't sit right with me. It could be the result of signing in a very small space, but in my view it would always be a question mark and atypical at best. I am not familiar enough with the other two to have an opinion.

shelly
02-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Mantle:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: slant of Mantle is way off.
Like the others I feel that the card is a forgery.

theshleps
02-07-2019, 09:43 AM
I do not question you guys at all. I never liked the Killebrew and could go either way on Mays. I don't trust my mantle skills to render an opinion on him. Just for alittle fun info- 2 major TPA's looked at it. One slabbed it and the other said Mantle was bad but Killebrew and Mays were good. That is why autograph collecting can be so frustrating and you need to be your own expert and have good friends. Thanks

theshleps
02-07-2019, 09:43 AM
any opinion on the Billy Martin?

Kco
02-08-2019, 11:49 AM
No on Mantle for sure, Martin I think is actually ok

Lordstan
02-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Hate the Mantle, but don't mind the Killer and Mays.
I like the Martin.

mantlefan
02-08-2019, 01:22 PM
I don’t like that Mick.