PDA

View Full Version : The Ungraded Masses.....

Baseball Bob
02-03-2019, 10:53 AM
I have a question and need some feedback. I collect the 1929 Kashin R316 set, which is an oversize card, and draws a grading surcharge. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 graded cards between PSA and SGC combined. That’s only 35 sets worth of cards. How many do you think remain ungraded in the hands of collectors? I wish I knew how many were issued in the first instance, but at this point that will probably never be known.
Thanks,
Eric

David W
02-03-2019, 11:57 AM
I have a question and need some feedback. I collect the 1929 Kashin R316 set, which is an oversize card, and draws a grading surcharge. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 graded cards between PSA and SGC combined. That’s only 35 sets worth of cards. How many do you think remain ungraded in the hands of collectors? I wish I knew how many were issued in the first instance, but at this point that will probably never be known.
Thanks,
Eric

At least these 2.... Douthit and Hafey

conor912
02-03-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm going to go ahead a guess that a fairly small percentage of these types sets even survived the paper drives of WWII compared to actual cards which were more cherished. I'll also wildly guess that it was a relatively small production run to begin with, maybe a few thousand sets total. So maybe a few hundred survived, of which ~10% are slabbed. Just my best guess.

Leon
02-04-2019, 08:03 AM
My guess is also that the very large majority are not graded. Around 10% might be graded, sounds about right, but that could even be high. Also, since many were stored in their packs they can oftentimes be found in high grade.