PDA

View Full Version : Help With Finding Graded Cards

ejharrington
01-29-2019, 08:42 AM
I am in process of building a high grade PSA player set (admittedly post-war but could apply to pre-war). This player was a minor star so his cards are affordable but there aren't many graded. I have made good progress in the past 2 1/2 years since I started the set but now am having trouble finding high grade specimens even though I know there are a lot of ungraded examples out there.

I am wondering if anyone knows of companies/individuals that specialize and/or have had success in finding and submitting cards to PSA based on clients' want lists, perhaps companies/individuals with large inventories of cards?

Thanks,
Eric

nsaddict
01-29-2019, 08:55 AM
Who is this player? Perhaps if you posted that info a few leads could come your way. Wishing you luck on your pursuit.

swarmee
01-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Obviously, Dean's, Greg Morris, and Burbank all rate the cards they sell based on PSA's scale. If you buy a card on COMC, they will perform a condition review on the card for $2 and give you the expected PSA grade they believe it to be. Here is one I had done:
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1964/Hasbro_Challenge_the_Yankees_-_Base/MIMA/Mickey_Mantle/13744727/Ungraded/COMC/NM

I will be submitting the card to PSA soon, but I've done this with multiple cards and appreciated them looking at the card in the warehouse for me. In the case they find an alteration they didn't note originally, they have taken the card back for a return.

ejharrington
01-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the information.

Obviously, Dean's, Greg Morris, and Burbank all rate the cards they sell based on PSA's scale. If you buy a card on COMC, they will perform a condition review on the card for $2 and give you the expected PSA grade they believe it to be. Here is one I had done:
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1964/Hasbro_Challenge_the_Yankees_-_Base/MIMA/Mickey_Mantle/13744727/Ungraded/COMC/NM

I will be submitting the card to PSA soon, but I've done this with multiple cards and appreciated them looking at the card in the warehouse for me. In the case they find an alteration they didn't note originally, they have taken the card back for a return.

swarmee
01-29-2019, 02:24 PM
You're welcome. Please PM me if you have other COMC questions; I'm very active on the site and working to improve it.

bnorth
01-29-2019, 04:46 PM
You're welcome. Please PM me if you have other COMC questions; I'm very active on the site and working to improve it.

If you could get it so you can go to a specific card and then be able to sort them by recently added you would be my hero.:D

swarmee
01-29-2019, 05:11 PM
I think that has already been posted on my requests thread on blowout, but if not, I will add it.

bnorth
01-29-2019, 05:26 PM
I think that has already been posted on my requests thread on blowout, but if not, I will add it.

That was probably me also. I have been asking for that for years.:D

JollyElm
01-29-2019, 05:28 PM
Definitely what Ben said. From a pure revenue standpoint, that would lead to more sales for them. It gets tiring seeing the same cards over and over again, to the point where you just stop looking. If there was a 'recently added' type of breakdown, it would get collectors to the site much more often. Look how easy it is on ebay.

Plus, for the love of God, tell them to list the regular cards from regular sellers at the forefront of the pages. Talk about tiring, stop making everyone wade through the mountains of Dean BS in order to find normal priced cards!!

buymycards
01-29-2019, 05:37 PM
Hey guys, most of the pages have a "recently added" dropdown near the top right of the page.

If you want to check "recently added" for a specific card, just do this:

In the search bar, type in a set - 1955 Bowman - and then search, and the 1955 bowman page will come up. Now, let's say you are looking for card #109. Near the upper left corner, you will see "Filter". Type in 109 and hit enter. All of the 109's will come up, and there will be a "recently added dropdown near the upper right". Click on that and that is all there is to it.

https://www.comc.com/Cards,sr,=1955+bowman,+109,i100

Rick

bnorth
01-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, most of the pages have a "recently added" dropdown near the top right of the page.

If you want to check "recently added" for a specific card, just do this:

In the search bar, type in a set - 1955 Bowman - and then search, and the 1955 bowman page will come up. Now, let's say you are looking for card #109. Near the upper left corner, you will see "Filter". Type in 109 and hit enter. All of the 109's will come up, and there will be a "recently added dropdown near the upper right". Click on that and that is all there is to it.

https://www.comc.com/Cards,sr,=1955+bowman,+109,i100

Rick

That is not what we are complaining about.:D

After you do what you described there will be several different options for 1955 Bowman 109. The problem is say you click on one of the 109 cards and there is 30 of them just for that listing. There is no way to sort those 30 cards. Hope that makes sense.

Like Darren I would buy a lot more cards if I didn't have to look through a 100 of them to find the one that was just added.

buymycards
01-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Hi Ben, I understand what you are saying, but why do you need to click on the one listing with 30 cards when all of the recently added cards will come up anyway?

bnorth
01-29-2019, 06:45 PM
Hi Ben, I understand what you are saying, but why do you need to click on the one listing with 30 cards when all of the recently added cards will come up anyway?

Because I like collecting print error cards. As an example I collect 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken cards. I collect print errors of every version. There are currently 179 Black Box on Bat Knob cards listed. Now when someone adds 2 more and there will be 181 cards. I would have to look through all(or most) of them to find the 2 new cards to see if they have a print error I want to purchase.

Yes I am weird and collect weird cards.:D

EDITED to give a real example from COMC