PDA

View Full Version : Texas Card Show- Comerica (Stars HQ) Center - Frisco Tx., April 26th-28th, 2019

Leon
01-26-2019, 12:08 PM
As previously discussed Kyle Robertson and I are putting on a 200 table card show in Frisco Texas, on April 26-27-28, TexasCardShow.com. We are excited about doing it and have a lot of great ideas. We know there will be some 1970s Cowboys HOF'ers signing plus many others. Tables are first come first served. We are still working out some details but most of it can now be seen on a site we will share with the Dallas Card Show site.... Our site is TexasCardShow.Com. We don't have online ordering of tables so emailing or calling to reserve is it for now.
We are happy to have Heritage Auctions occupying the first set of tables and PWCC occupying the second set of tables doing appraisals, taking consignments etc. I think PWCC might offer some of their other services too but that is only speculation at this point. Robert Edward Auctions will be set up taking consignments, doing appraisals and signing folks up for their catalogs etc..Roger Neufeldt, of Sports Memories, will have tables at the front too with his myriad vintage cards. RMY Auctions will be doing expert photograph evaluations for free, along with buying/selling and trading. . Scott Brockelman and Dan Mckee have both signed up with their loads of vintage cards of all types. We expect a lot of other well known dealers and collectors to be on board too. SGC will be onsite taking submissions and Beckett will be doing RCR card grading Friday and Saturday and taking submissions all 3 days. PSA wasn't able to get someone here for this one. There hasn't been a show like this, in this area, for quite some time so it is sort of virgin territory. There could even be a walk in or two. :)
It will be held at the Dallas Stars Headquarters in the Comerica Center in Frisco, Texas. (just north of Dallas) right off of the Dallas North Tollway and Gaylord Parkway. It is a really nice and fairly new facility. There are 4000 stadium seats around the arena so there will be plenty of room to relax after a lot of walking the floor. There are a lot more details coming.
The show will be in an identical arena that shares a side with the Dallas Stars practice rink and has an identical layout except there will be stadium seats on all sides of it, as in a normal arena environment. Other things will be happening in a few other floor areas of the show but it is too early to disclose those details. Hope to see everyone there!!

The tentative autographs guests so far, as we are still working to get several others, are-

Billy Joe Dupree
Bump Wills
Lincoln Coleman
Tever Klutz
Abner Haynes
Mel Renfro
Drew Pearson
Toby Harrah
Eddie Robinson
Joe Bob Isabell

www.texascardshow.com

https://www.visitfrisco.com/listing/comerica-center/541/

vintagebaseballcardguy
01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vintageismygame
01-26-2019, 01:00 PM
I hope to make the trip down from SW Kansas.

Leon
01-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Glad to hear of the excitement. This can be a SW National, guaranteed to be ran better than whatever the National committee is doing these days..We have ways of making more room if we run out of table space too!! What a novel idea. Also, there is about to be a minor board aesthetics change with an ad. More to see very soon.

This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

buymycards
01-26-2019, 02:26 PM
Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick

Leon
01-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick

The tables are 8' x 3'.

rjackson44
01-26-2019, 03:22 PM
Its good to see shows like this ,,good luck mr leon

CobbSpikedMe
01-26-2019, 03:27 PM
unfortunately it's too far for me to attend, but I wish you the very best with this venture Leon. I'm always glad to hear about a successful shows. Good Luck!!

CurtisFlood
01-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.

Leon
01-27-2019, 05:46 AM
Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.

Plenty of room and plenty of seating!! WE have all the tables you would need and I doubt we could allow more tables to be brought in because we have a layout we will try to stay on course with.
We would love to have any member set up with us, of course. WE need more vintage :).

Mdmtx
01-27-2019, 05:57 AM
Sounds fantastic! My wife can celebrate her birthday by attending a card show!

Mark

CurtisFlood
01-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Plenty of room and plenty of seating!! WE have all the tables you would need and I doubt we could allow more tables to be brought in because we have a layout we will try to stay on course with.
We would love to have any member set up with us, of course. WE need more vintage :).

My stuff is mostly 1953 to 1971 Topps and Bowman. Kind of a mixed bag with some lower grade and some nice stuff. A few graded cards as well. Some football.

CurtisFlood
01-27-2019, 07:30 AM
Sounds fantastic! My wife can celebrate her birthday by attending a card show!

Mark

I know my wife would be thrilled with me.

ruth_rookie
01-27-2019, 07:44 AM
I will be there for sure, Leon. Not as a dealer, but as a buyer like always. I’ve been waiting (salivating) for a kick ass show to show up in Texas. In fact, I emailed SGC several weeks ago to inquire about their Texas schedule for 2019, explaining that I have about 50 cards I would rather hand to a human being for grading as opposed to shipping (1915 CJ Cobb, ‘41 Play Ball DiMaggio, a ‘53 topps Mantle that was discussed in another thread that my father left me and had owned since childhood yet somehow came back EVID-TRM by PSA, among others). And, oddly enough, Brian responded they unfortunately had no plans to visit Texas in 2019. So glad to hear that has changed. I will definitely be there!!

sfh24
01-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Thank you, I can now skip Tristar in Houston with no regrets.

Leon
01-27-2019, 07:20 PM
RMY Auctions will be taking consignments and doing free photograph evaluations on site at the show!! No strings attached. It is great to have Rhys and team on board. I am sure there will be a few, or more collectors (and others) taking advantage of their services.

CurtisFlood
01-28-2019, 06:34 PM
RMY Auctions will be taking consignments and doing free photograph evaluations on site at the show!! No strings attached. It is great to have Rhys and team on board. I am sure there will be a few, or more collectors (and others) taking advantage of their services.

OK Leon, I'm in for 3, had a nice chat with Kyle. He seems like a good dude, looking forward to meeting you in person.

CurtisFlood
01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Thank you, I can now skip Tristar in Houston with no regrets.

I'd love not to skip Tristar, but Houston is too far for me. This one will be an easy 8 hour drive.

Leon
01-30-2019, 07:58 AM
I'd love not to skip Tristar, but Houston is too far for me. This one will be an easy 8 hour drive.

Glad to have you on board. Kyle and I are going to meet with the Mayor and Economic Council of Frisco in a little while as they have indicated they want to help us too. Also, Dan Mckee has just taken a few tables for the show. We will definitely have some good vintage at at least a few tables..... :) It is great to have Danny on board. Over half the tables have been sold in the first 4 days. We expect to sell quite a few more (from people who have indicated they want tables but haven't chosen them yet) in the next few days. We are excited to bring a fresh, larger, CARD show to this area. Some dealers have indicated they are fed up with the National (I am one of them).....

Woundedduck
01-30-2019, 09:14 AM
I'm not a big contributor on these boards, but I'm a long time lurker/infrequent poster. I'm super excited for this show. I even marked it in the calendar. As others have said, I also have some stuff for grading/authentication and while others mail stuff off all the time, I've never been comfortable with that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rich Klein
01-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Leon:

I have cancelled my DFW area scheduled show for that weekend (as Kyle and I had discussed when I told him he could take the dates if those were the only ones that worked) and have removed the listings from Beckett and SCD. I'll get the word out to my mailing list as well

Rich

CurtisFlood
01-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Leon:

I have cancelled my DFW area scheduled show for that weekend (as Kyle and I had discussed when I told him he could take the dates if those were the only ones that worked) and have removed the listings from Beckett and SCD. I'll get the word out to my mailing list as well

Rich

Rich, that is very nice of you to do this. Too often promoters are so territorial that they refuse to cooperate and it winds up hurting both shows. Kudos!

Rich Klein
01-31-2019, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the nice words

I'd probably feel different if I had already paid or had to pay for the venue but thankfully when I can give notice there is no money out of my pocket.

Since there was no financial issue with the cancellation I did what was best for the DFW Collecting Community instead of what was best for me.

Any show that brings in Dangerous Danny McKee ( :) ) means business.

Rich

Leon
02-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Thanks Rich, Kyle and I appreciate it. It is shaping up to be a great show coming to North Texas. I hear another cowboy is coming to town too!!

http://luckeycards.com/cowboy2.jpg

Thanks for the nice words

I'd probably feel different if I had already paid or had to pay for the venue but thankfully when I can give notice there is no money out of my pocket.

Since there was no financial issue with the cancellation I did what was best for the DFW Collecting Community instead of what was best for me.

Any show that brings in Dangerous Danny McKee ( :) ) means business.

Rich

joshleland
02-01-2019, 08:32 AM
I find your lack of design skills disturbing.

autograf
02-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Is that Girth Brooks?

Okay....that was low hanging fruit......sorry.

Leon
02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Don't worry, Josh,. You are in good company.

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2.jpg

I find your lack of design skills disturbing.

CurtisFlood
02-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Don't worry, Josh,. You are in good company.

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2.jpg

Gosh dang, old Cy in his Luckey hat!

Leon
02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Yes, sir. It's a special occasion when Cy gets out his ten gallon. There will be a lot more announcements soon as there are a multitude of things being worked on. I am happy to say that renowned Michigan based dealer, Bryan Dec Vintage Sports (hey Bryan), will be set up at the show with us. Always good to have more vintage everything. :)

Gosh dang, old Cy in his Luckey hat!

MichelaiTorres83
02-03-2019, 05:15 PM
How many tables are typically at the national and whie plains show?

joshleland
02-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Is that Girth Brooks?

Okay....that was low hanging fruit......sorry.

so I'm fat

Rich Klein
02-07-2019, 07:13 PM
How many tables are typically at the national and whie plains show?

National has approximately 500 dealer booths which is approximately 1250-1500 tables.

White Plains -- it depends on the show. The East Coast National -- the big one -- has both upstairs and downstairs and IIRC it totals about 400-500 tables

ncinin
02-07-2019, 07:40 PM
I believe I counted the booths correctly from the floor plan. If it is not correct it is very close.

471 10 X 15 booths (each booth has two 8 foot tables and one 6 foot table)

40 10 X 10 booths (each booth has two 8 foot tables or one 8 foot and one 6 foot, depending if the dealer wants to have a wider space to get in an out of the booth.

Total number of tables approaching 1500 with about 2/3 of them 8 foot tables.

Also dealers who get two booths can fit an additional four or six foot table in their display depending how much they wish to push the boundries of their booth space.

Bicem
02-09-2019, 12:10 PM
I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Leon
02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Kyle and I went to Tri Star in Houston yesterday. It is a well run show and it was nice to see a lot of friends and other hobbyists there. The hobby is apparently doing fine. With the 12 dollar parking and 15 dollar entry it wasn't a very cheap date but it is what it is. Our show admission won't be that much and we are shooting for free parking. WE are supposed to go walk the venue once more, as we need to visualize some more things, and sign the final contract next week. There is a lot of excitement around our event and we hope (and will make sure) it only gets more in the following days leading to the event.This said we are hoping for a card show with great signers and not the other way around, which seems to be how a lot of shows have gone. So far the expected signers are- (and we are working on many more).

1977 Cowboys champs:

Mel Renfro HOF and Cowboys Ring of Honor

Drew Pearson
Billy Joe DuPree

Bump Wills Rangers

Lincoln Coleman 1993 Cowboys champs

Abner Haynes - 1960 AFL Player and Rookie of the Year

There are only around 40 tables left to sell after approximately 3 weeks. We expect to be sold out well before the event. Get your tables now :).

swarmee
02-10-2019, 08:13 AM
I will try to make it. I am expecting to be in McKinney for a wedding the 27th, tagging it at the end of a planned business trip. So good timing for me.

gzman
02-11-2019, 05:19 PM
National has approximately 500 dealer booths which is approximately 1250-1500 tables.

White Plains -- it depends on the show. The East Coast National -- the big one -- has both upstairs and downstairs and IIRC it totals about 400-500 tables
A few years ago...maybe 5, JPs tried the lower level as well as the upper at the EC Natl...I don't think they have tried again...

CurtisFlood
02-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Bump.

Leon
02-22-2019, 07:40 AM
A friendly bump to say we are making more headway and have some more signers in the wings. Once they give the final ok that they will be there we will announce it. One of the ex- Major Leaguers is 98 yrs old and sounds great on the phone. He doesn't do email. :)
STill some tables for those that want to come set up with us!!

Leon
03-08-2019, 10:09 AM
A few quick updates. Unfortunately Lelands won't be able to attend the show due to some scheduling issues. We are hopeful they can make it next time. The list of autograph guests is updated in the first post. There are still some tables left and I am hopeful some vintage guys will take them. They will be sold out at the end, we are quite confident.

http://luckeycards.com/pd304rucker.jpg

Leon
03-15-2019, 08:39 AM
Panini is on board for the show and will be there giving out some free things to show attendees. Only 20 tables left and hopefully some of our vintage members will pick them up. We know they will all be sold out it is just a matter of who gets them. Hopefully everyone will attend that can!! There will be dealers and vendors that never get to this area. And if anyone has anything they are considering consigning there will be several national auction houses to choose from.

swarmee
03-15-2019, 03:19 PM
I was in Austin last week and had a nice time at the Card Traders of Austin store. Maybe they'd want to have a table; give them a call and check. Really nice selection of vintage cards and a bunch of additional ones in the store room. Did COMC get a table? Would love to see them out there at the show.

midmo
03-15-2019, 03:32 PM
I'll have a couple tables of vintage setup. This will be my first show in Texas. Looking forward to it!

Leon
03-18-2019, 02:25 PM
While there will definitely be quite a few tables with nice, newer cards and I know of a few dealers with high end new wax, I am happy to say there should be more vintage at this show than any one in a long time around here. We also just added Baggers Auctions and Sportscards to the list of dealers setting up. We couldn't be happier to have Dave and team joining us.
This is a a show that will be worth the drive!! (as I like to say)

ps...COMC hasn't reserved a spot but has been invited.

I'll have a couple tables of vintage setup. This will be my first show in Texas. Looking forward to it!

commishbob
03-18-2019, 02:46 PM
My plan is to drive up that Saturday morning and spend the afternoon at the show. Hope to meet Leon and some other Net54-ers and say 'Hi!'. Looking forward to the show.

Leon
04-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Less than 3 weeks to go, friendly bump. Hope to see a lot of members come out. The tables are essentially sold out though there might be 2 left.

l

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Can't wait!!

CurtisFlood
04-07-2019, 03:30 PM

See you there Justin!

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Any of you setting up at the show going to be selling any PSA graded 80s rookies?

swarmee
04-07-2019, 06:59 PM
ih8ca from blowout forums sells a lot of graded cards and he just told me he'll be there. He recently sent his high grade set breaks of 1968 Topps and 1955 Bowman to COMC and said he sold most of them within days at full VCP (with many even selling through eBay with their upcharge).

Correction: he has to sell a high dollar Mantle in person at the Boston show and will not be there next weekend. I am still planning to be there to meet some of you.

Leon
04-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Any of you setting up at the show going to be selling any PSA graded 80s rookies?

There should be plenty of graded 80s rookies. There are lots of vintage (and newer) dealers coming to the show. We are looking forward to it. Tables are sold out. Hopefully a lot of Net54'ers will be there.

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-17-2019, 08:56 AM
I am very ready for next Friday and will be looking for everything from T206 to possibly 80s!!

CurtisFlood
04-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Looking forward to meeting some new customers and possibly some old ones.

commishbob
04-20-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm still on target to drive up on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some N54 folks.

Woundedduck
04-22-2019, 01:12 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Hoping to get some things dropped off with SGC, but I'm a bit apprehensive about it as I've never really turned my stuff over to a grading company.

Leon
04-24-2019, 07:30 AM
One last bump to the top before the big show. Kyle and I decided to open up the cash bar at the facility for some cocktails and brews at 7pm Friday until we are ready to leave. :)
.......With the show closing at 8pm we figure we can clear out folks and go up and have a few cold ones with our friends. Hope to see all who can make it.

rjackson44
04-24-2019, 07:35 AM
nice to see shows like these ,,we need more ,,too bad im in new york ,,good luck to all.

NC-Vintage
04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
I Just wanted to offer up my well wishes for a great show this weekend to Leon, Kyle and all involved. Let us never forget shows have been the backbone of the hobby since it began. It's the gathering of dealers,friends & collector's that many of still really enjoy today !

Best-

Joe Drelich

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-24-2019, 01:07 PM
I plan on driving in on Friday, and I can't wait!

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
I am here at the show, and the turnout is pretty decent considering it just got going a couple of hours ago. I drove a little over four hours to get here, and I am glad I did!There is a good balance of new stuff, 50s cards, and a decent sampling of tobacco/caramel cards. There's also some nice photographs and autographs if you like that, too. Thanks to Leon for getting this all put together. I hope it becomes an annual event! Here are some pics of my purchases (sorry for the bad cellphone photo quality...the glare is harsh) and some pics of the show.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/7e627caca621bc47d626efc03d2bcde4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/4c4d68038cfbde47883b56094482d1f3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/6dd364ee5bf03d8505798c5e9a6a814e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/f9d3b67ea11908a07f1b8d9047bacc69.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/1631058a8b4a0ab314a65cb3d72a5f1f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/6c662700921f41a167f5710d3d01d644.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/ae24f81eeedd282d294e3e753564e940.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/ed8451a22ce56fa930ddab270c670771.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/58c8b4b7926b8534592fe8b69430bfeb.jpg

gabrinus
04-26-2019, 08:39 PM
Nice purchases Robert!!...have fun...Jerry

avery1328
04-27-2019, 08:47 PM
I had a great time at this show. I was overwhelmed by the selection of 50/60's cards that so many dealers had. Dallas deserves a show like this more often.

ullmandds
04-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Solid pickups!!! Were prices reasonable?

Rhotchkiss
04-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Nice haul Robert - two Cobbs and a Lajoie is a nice day’s work.

commishbob
04-27-2019, 11:09 PM
I enjoyed the show quite a bit. This was the first out-of-town show (I'm in Houston) I've traveled to since the Arlington Nationals many years ago. I'm not sure driving round trip from Houston in one day was a smart idea but in the end, it was worthwhile. Most of my pictures are similar to the ones already posted but I will add a couple. I'm sure the display of 1915 CJ has been seen at various shows before (the National?) but it was new to me and I thought it was fantastic to see them all in a group like that. Of course, I had to find my own personal 'white whale', the Bender card. One of these days I'll land one.

I thought there was a nice mix of dealers. Some make the Houston show stops but many others were dealers I had not previously met and I enjoyed chatting with several. I met Leon and spoke briefly with Eddie Robinson and Abner Haynes. Looking forward to reading my copy of Robinson's book, which I had him sign.

I made a nice dent in my 1971 want list as well as finding some 1960 Leaf which is my ugly duckling build for 2019. And I won a door prize! I'm now the owner of a Panini Instant card of Mavericks' rookie Luka Doncic. I'm not familiar with him as I don't follow the NBA very closely but it was nice to win something.

Thanks to Leon and his partner and crew. I hope to get up that way again the next time there is a show.

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-28-2019, 06:37 AM
Solid pickups!!! Were prices reasonable?Regarding prices, I was glad to see most dealers had prices on most items. Of course there were some who didn't have anything marked and when I asked and was told the asking price, I nearly laughed. I will say though I did feel like most of the cards I was looking at were reasonably priced. While I was making my purchases, I couldn't help but overhear others making their deals, too. More than once, I heard something like, "That's fair." I really hope this show grows and becomes an annual event. I was impressed.

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-28-2019, 06:41 AM
Nice haul Robert - two Cobbs and a Lajoie is a nice day’s work.Thank you! I was very, very happy to land those cards. Those are actually my first cards of both players as I am transitioning to collecting prewar HOFers and stars. There was a decent representation of tobacco/caramel present. However, there was a ton of 1950s Topps there! The sheer quantity was simply unreal.

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-28-2019, 06:42 AM
Nice purchases Robert!!...have fun...JerryThank you, Jerry!

Mdmtx
04-28-2019, 04:24 PM
We made it to the show today at opening and stayed for a couple of hours. Only pickups were a bunch of Bowman football and a few 72 Topps football highs from Dave Schrader and wife of Baggers. Was nice to put a face with the name. Hope the show was successful enough for all involved to keep it going and build it up. Thanks for your efforts Leon, Kyle and Nate!

Cooper1927
04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Very nice show! I too hope it continues. There was a great deal of pre-war which doesn’t occur at most small shows anymore. Picked up an Addie Joss and got some cards submitted to SGC! Smart idea on the arcade for kids too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/80ce36226de117ac9c8ec848fd34f1a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobbSpikedMe
04-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Very nice show! I too hope it continues. There was a great deal of pre-war which doesn’t occur at most small shows anymore. Picked up an Addie Joss and got some cards submitted to SGC! Smart idea on the arcade for kids too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/80ce36226de117ac9c8ec848fd34f1a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait! There was an arcade? Like and old school arcade with games running on quarters and everything? :D Nice Joss T3 by the way!

swarmee
04-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Actually, the arcade was free. Here were my pickups:
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/r270/58441999_10161640929730243_7162107271751663616_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=984a8e115271b6f168d92772e6317680&oe=5D670FC8
Stopped by SMP in Grapevine on Monday and bought 100 jersey and auto cards from their 2/$5 box.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59183144_10161640924295243_1093277877882847232_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=35e48a71a9d30bc2a145e599f013b30d&oe=5D67A151
Friday show pickups: 1952 Topps House (slightest bit of red on tongue) and Garagiola, 1960 Mays with extra brown bar variation, 1910 era postcard with ball glued to bat for prop, and oversized basketball jersey relic (freebie for entry).

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58444477_10161647081695243_8659570623346900992_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=06f73216042514905839709f0e107320&oe=5D777284
Saturday pickups: Down to like 3 needed for 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. One of these had a crease I didn't notice...d'oh. Two Scoops of historical aviators: Chuck Yeager and Jimmy Doolittle. Armour "Mantel" blue coin. Don Mattingly jersey piece for only $2. And bought the 1952 and 1953 Eddie Robinson cards from Scott Brockelman's table since the 98-year-old was there signing them. Great signature for a nonagenarian.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59337356_10161647490140243_5606576018149081088_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=c9a7b5f6cb7fc613d883a51e59574e2c&oe=5D2FCA25
Eddie Robinson signing the cards.

Got to meet a bunch of boardmembers and companies I've bought from before on eBay: Leon, midmo, Rich Klein, Scott B, Rhys Yeakley, skeeve214, and many more.

Hot Springs Bathers
04-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Just got back from a great three day stay in Frisco! Easy walk over from the Embassy Suites next door. Great vintage selection, added around 20 T cards and a few E's plus some early football.

On Saturday drove the 1.2 miles to Jerry's new practice facility and enjoyed a bit of the Draft Party going on at the Blue Star camp.

Thanks Leon and Kyle, job well done. Great to see Mike, Rich, Leon, Roger, Rick and a number of old, old friends. Some I had done business with in the early 1980's.

CurtisFlood
04-29-2019, 09:52 AM
Enjoyed doing this show and met a lot of nice folks from Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, and Tennessee and a couple of other states. Much more laid back crowd than northerners. The show was good enough that I would put it on my calendar if my knees hold up long enough.

It would be fun though, to take the boards off the ice and give each collector a pair of skates so they could skim the tables faster at the start! :D;)

Hot Springs Bathers
04-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Bob thanks for the visit and the Post Football cards!

CurtisFlood
04-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Bob thanks for the visit and the Post Football cards!

Very nice to meet you Mike, appreciate your business too!

Rich Klein
04-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Just got back from a great three day stay in Frisco! Easy walk over from the Embassy Suites next door. Great vintage selection, added around 20 T cards and a few E's plus some early football.

On Saturday drove the 1.2 miles to Jerry's new practice facility and enjoyed a bit of the Draft Party going on at the Blue Star camp.

Thanks Leon and Kyle, job well done. Great to see Mike, Rich, Leon, Roger, Rick and a number of old, old friends. Some I had done business with in the early 1980's.

Mike:

Who spent more, you or the missus?

Hot Springs Bathers
04-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Rich it wasn't even close, I lost by a wide margin. Note to Leon, no more shows next to huge malls.

Woundedduck
04-30-2019, 02:32 PM
I had a great time on Friday at the show. I'd hoped to get back on Saturday or Sunday, but wasn't able to. I talked to Kyle Robertson on the phone before arriving who was incredibly helpful (still need to get your local shop info as I didn't see you at the show). I dropped off a few things with SGC where service was exceptional. Dealers were incredibly friendly and I had a chance to talk to many. Prices were pretty reasonable for the most part. I almost purchased several cards from different dealers, but in the end I only came away with one card which was a pretty big one for my meager budget. I know most like the t206 portraits, but I've always wanted the glove shows version and was able to work it out with the nice guy near the front of the show who cut me a deal. I'm glad this one will be in my collection for the long haul.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/ab5682692283e43aefdaff1cdf1d387c.jpg

Rich Klein
04-30-2019, 07:25 PM
I had a great time on Friday at the show. I'd hoped to get back on Saturday or Sunday, but wasn't able to. I talked to Kyle Robertson on the phone before arriving who was incredibly helpful (still need to get your local shop info as I didn't see you at the show). I dropped off a few things with SGC where service was exceptional. Dealers were incredibly friendly and I had a chance to talk to many. Prices were pretty reasonable for the most part. I almost purchased several cards from different dealers, but in the end I only came away with one card which was a pretty big one for my meager budget. I know most like the t206 portraits, but I've always wanted the glove shows version and was able to work it out with the nice guy near the front of the show who cut me a deal. I'm glad this one will be in my collection for the long haul.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/ab5682692283e43aefdaff1cdf1d387c.jpg

Let me know where you are coming from and I'll make syre you know how to get to Kyle's as well as some other nearby stores

Kenny Cole
04-30-2019, 08:07 PM

That would have been Roger Neufeldt because I sent that card down with him to sell. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it.

Leon
05-01-2019, 07:20 AM
That would have been Roger Neufeldt because I sent that card down with him to sell. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it.

Roger had a good day until he tried to pulli his 35ft van into the loading area that wasn't supposed to be driven into. He ran over one of our moving carts too. But all good in the end. I think he had a pretty good show. I got a few things from him myself. I will give a summation of my thoughts on the show later.

Woundedduck
05-01-2019, 07:37 AM
That would have been Roger Neufeldt because I sent that card down with him to sell. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it.Super nice guy. He probably let me have this one for less than he should have. It was literally every dollar I brought to the show. It's already been categorized in my HoF/type spreadsheet and found its home in the safe.

vintagebaseballcardguy
05-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Super nice guy. He probably let me have this one for less than he should have. It was literally every dollar I brought to the show. It's already been categorized in my HoF/type spreadsheet and found its home in the safe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TapatalkI had the exact same experience. Roger was awesome to meet and buy from.