PDA

View Full Version : Long time since---

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 07:24 AM
---I've posted! Wanted to say "Hello" once again to Leon & my many Friends & acquaintances here on N54.

It's been almost 2 yrs since my last post, mainly due to several health issues that cropped up, while at the same time I pretty much completely lost my desire to list for sale or add to my collection on EBay or here like I used to.

I've had some renewed energy the last couple of months & started selling again on EBay after a long hiatus. Altho I have popped in & out of N54 during this "down" time, I haven't posted or stayed very long.

I have made the decision to start liquidating my life-long collection as I'm not buying much of anything anymore, so I plan to also be active once again on the BST Board. I have a backroom FULL of cards of all sports, non-sports and years back to the late '40's, so if there is something your looking for I may JUST HAPPEN to have it!

Anyhow, it's good to be back in the swing of things & I hope to renew old friendships & create some new ones!!

Fred Young

timzcardz
01-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Fred!

Super to see you posting here!

And good to hear about your renewed energy.

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 11:31 AM
--Glad to see you're still checking in here too! I'll drop you note real soon!

Leon
01-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Hey Fred
Good to see you back with us. You are amongst friends here. Good luck with everything and if I can help just let me know!!

---I've posted! Wanted to say "Hello" once again to Leon & my many Friends & acquaintances here on N54.

It's been almost 2 yrs since my last post, mainly due to several health issues that cropped up, while at the same time I pretty much completely lost my desire to list for sale or add to my collection on EBay or here like I used to.

I've had some renewed energy the last couple of months & started selling again on EBay after a long hiatus. Altho I have popped in & out of N54 during this "down" time, I haven't posted or stayed very long.

I have made the decision to start liquidating my life-long collection as I'm not buying much of anything anymore, so I plan to also be active once again on the BST Board. I have a backroom FULL of cards of all sports, non-sports and years back to the late '40's, so if there is something your looking for I may JUST HAPPEN to have it!

Anyhow, it's good to be back in the swing of things & I hope to renew old friendships & create some new ones!!

Fred Young

tedzan
01-26-2019, 11:34 AM
Fred

It's great to hear from you again.

You and I collected BB & FB cards when we were kids in those "GoldenAge50's".

TED Z

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Hey Fred
Good to see you back with us. You are amongst friends here. Good luck with everything and if I can help just let me know!!

Sure will Leon! --and you are right, there are MANY friends here on the 54!

bnorth
01-26-2019, 02:10 PM
Nice to see you back Fred. If/when you sell any of your oddball Wade Boggs/Ted Williams items please let me know. Can't remember your ebay ID, is it the same as here?

Butch7999
01-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Excellent to see you posting again, Fred! Stay healthy now!

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Fred

It's great to hear from you again.

You and I collected BB & FB cards when we were kids in those "GoldenAge50's".

TED Z

That's why I dug up that 'handle" of mine---Growing up back then was as innocent & decent as it gets! The 50's were just the "greatest era ever" to me!---and the BEST part---Baseball cards of Mickey Mantle were just a penny!!!!!!!!

PS: I'm going to sell off the best/rest of the T206 "FIND" you helped me out on w/ advice on some yrs ago. I had them all graded & they are dying to find a new home! (I have around 45 left w/ 16 HOF'ers)

Thanks for the "welcome back" & very glad to see you still posting about T206!!

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Nice to see you back Fred. If/when you sell any of your oddball Wade Boggs/Ted Williams items please let me know. Can't remember your ebay ID, is it the same as here?

My EBay ID is fyoung17
I have around 40 listings up right now.

Thanks for the "Welcome"--I appreciate it!

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2019, 10:02 PM
Excellent to see you posting again, Fred! Stay healthy now!

---I KNEW you would still be cking in here! Great to say "Hi" to you once again!

Almost forgot to ask--How are things in Buffalo these days?? COLD I assume!!

Butch7999
01-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Wicked, bone-cracking cold -- an anomaly any year, despite our weather's reputation as worse than Siberia's,
since as you know it rarely gets below 20F here even in the depths of winter -- but a real oddity this year, after
the mildest December and first half of January ever, utterly snowless and steadily around 40F.
But single-digit temps and about a foot and a half of snow for us the past three days. Meaty urologists say it's
a little nastier down around Wellsville...

GoldenAge50s
01-28-2019, 07:55 PM
Butch---

Wellsville is far now from what it once was in the Post-War yrs, when this little city was thriving w/ full stores downtown, a Class D PONY Lg team owned by the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves or even Independent some yrs, and 2-3 nice industries employing a lot of the working folk!! Even had about 4 hotels to house the visitors, today all 4 are gone, w/ 3 of them torn to the ground & the 4th housing a couple of small, obscure businesses!

Today it's a dying old shamble of it's heyday!

The only thing the same is it's still in the Lake Erie snow belt!!

jiw98
01-31-2019, 05:27 PM
Welcome back Fred. Good to see that you are doing well. I'm still working on my 55 Bowman baseball set, so I'll probably be talking with you if you still have any left. Hopefully your health issues didn't mess with your golf game.

GoldenAge50s
01-31-2019, 06:18 PM
---GREAT to hear from you again!! Sorry I lost touch w/ you but I hope to be around again doing my thing! I have continued to play golf despite some interruptions & can't wait for Spring to get here!

I still have some '55 Bowman as I haven't been selling for close to 2 yrs, but back at it again! PM me anytime & LMK who you're looking for!!

wolf441
01-31-2019, 06:24 PM
So glad to see you posting again, my friend.

Best,

Steve

vintagebaseballcardguy
01-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Fred,

We don't know each other, but I have always liked your screen name and was reading some old threads the other day you had posted in and it made me wonder where you've been. Glad to see you back.

Robert

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

freakhappy
01-31-2019, 06:52 PM
Fred...good to see you back, old friend! I’m always in the market for some ‘stuff’, so I’ll be looking closely at what you put up for sale...hopefully a t206 or two ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldenAge50s
01-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Hi Steve, Robert, Mike--

Thanks so much for your notes & well-wishes! It's SO GOOD to make contact once again w/ you guys and EVERYONE else on this Board!

My time away was WA AA AY too long, but I plan on posting & selling cards again to all my old friends & have already made some new ones (friends, not cards!!) as well!

Thank you all for posting!!

7nohitter
02-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Hey Fred!

Great to see you!

Was wonderng where youve been!

roarfrom34
02-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Hey Fred

Not sure if that Pawtucket 1981 credential is something that you’d ever part with BUT if you ever did; please keep me in mind!

Nice to see you posting again!

Bill

GoldenAge50s
02-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Andy & Bill--

It's good to hear from BOTH of you again! For the time being I've got some of my old energy back & am enjoying renewing these lost contacts!!

Bill--I will keep you in mind on that "Longest Game" Press Pass, but right now it is not something I plan on moving---I've got that backroom full of cards that need to go 1st!!

Leon
02-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Backroom full of cards. :eek:
Andy & Bill--

It's good to hear from BOTH of you again! For the time being I've got some of my old energy back & am enjoying renewing these lost contacts!!

Bill--I will keep you in mind on that "Longest Game" Press Pass, but right now it is not something I plan on moving---I've got that backroom full of cards that need to go 1st!!

GoldenAge50s
02-07-2019, 10:02 PM
---Leon!

I have a pretty good size basement & the room on the back & one side is literally FULL of cards!

These pics are only just a sample of the area.