PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Tiger Woods Autograph - Thoughts on value?

robbieg
01-21-2019, 07:02 PM
I picked up the following Tiger Woods piece last summer. I have a full JSA letter on it.

Any ideas on what kind of value it could bring?

Duluth Eskimo
01-21-2019, 10:30 PM
It’s a nice item because it’s pre Tiger turning pro and an event he played in with a period signature. It would probably be more marketable if it was his first event which was the 1992 Nissan, but still nice. Downside is signed programs don’t really get big money. I would suggest auctioning it and hoping two people want it bad enough. My estimate is $3-400 ish. Hopefully you didn’t have to pay $100 for the letter as well. Good luck with it. Jason

Scott Garner
01-26-2019, 05:27 AM
This is a great early Tiger item. Very cool!
I would estimate that to the right collector, that Jason's price range would likely be right, FWIW.

I actually attended this event and followed Tiger for 18 holes.
Riviera definitely kicked his ass, but it was a lot of fun to watch since I had walked this course many times.

Ironically, I also saw Tiger play one of my home courses in So Cal (Marshall Canyon in LaVerne, CA) when Tiger was age 11. He shot an under par -1 (70) and beat the other kids by several strokes in a one day tournament. This golf course was one of the trickiest putting courses that you can imagine because it sits right next to the San Bernardino mountains. A true challenge, even if you really know the course, which he did not.