PDA

View Full Version : Auction House LOAs

Case12
01-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Just wonder how the TPA does this. They have to look at every item, right? Some of these auction lots have many items. And there are many lots. The LOA is still as good as a COA from a legit TPA like JSA - right?

Republicaninmass
01-05-2019, 01:46 PM
No, no, no

An auction letter, at least JSA provides a "cursory review" of the lot. Unless a specific card is mentioned in the letter, it might not pass individual authentication. The same with psa/dna quick opinion. It can change when the card is in hand.

Psa/dna "pre certified " letter. This guarantees all cards in a lot will pass.

Case12
01-05-2019, 02:14 PM
I got an item from a dealer that bought a few lots from Huggins and Scott AH. The LOA has the item in the list. I went to auction site and it is pictured there. Still need to have JSA authenticate it?

Of course my next thought would be, what good is a TPA LOA to an AH? And eventually what good is it to a buyer from a dealer selling the item?

Exhibitman
01-05-2019, 03:37 PM
It is a SCAM! Not worth the paper they are printed on. I bought a single card with a JSA auction LOA from Clean Sweep, took it to JSA for full authentication, and JSA flunked it. Do NOT rely on one.

keithsky
01-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Another way for the TPA to make more money and not do anything for it.

Klrdds
01-05-2019, 06:26 PM
AH LOAs are the toilet paper of the collecting world absolutely worthless and full of crap . They are a scam by the TPAs to get more money from collectors . I have had more authenticity issues with AH LOAs than anything , plus if you don't pony up for the full LOA most AHs don't back up the item in question and the TPA will not back up the item if there is a question of authenticity . AH LOAs are a scam .

RedsFan1941
01-05-2019, 06:34 PM
AH LOAs are the toilet paper of the collecting world absolutely worthless and full of crap . They are a scam by the TPAs to get more money from collectors . I have had more authenticity issues with AH LOAs than anything , plus if you don't pony up for the full LOA most AHs don't back up the item in question and the TPA will not back up the item if there is a question of authenticity . AH LOAs are a scam .

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Kco
01-05-2019, 06:51 PM
The only perk to them is it reduces the cost of the full letter.

T206Collector
01-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Not worth the paper they are printed on. . . . Do NOT rely on one.

+1

RichardSimon
01-16-2019, 01:54 PM

Don't beat around the bush.
Tell us how you really feel. :) :)