PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Topps Hank Aaron Blue Version

brian29575
12-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Someone is selling a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron Blue Background (or missing yellow ink) and I’m curious what information you guys have in this card. Apparently PSA will not label “blue version” but SGC and BVG will. What would be a fair price raw in VG condition? Thanks

bnorth
12-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Someone is selling a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron Blue Background (or missing yellow ink) and I’m curious what information you guys have in this card. Apparently PSA will not label “blue version” but SGC and BVG will. What would be a fair price raw in VG condition? Thanks

They(Blue background) carry at least a 5X premium because of the player(Aaron) and how rare they are. Pretty much if you are lucky enough to find one you better buy it at any price.

stlcardsfan
12-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Ben, I think you forgot the blue font in your reply.

bnorth
12-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Ben, I think you forgot the blue font in your reply.

Fixed it.:)

ALR-bishop
12-28-2018, 03:27 PM
“ I hope life does not turn out to be one big joke, because I don’t get it “. .. Jack Handey

😱

Rich Klein
12-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Locally here Mark Anderson had a blue Aaron for a while, I'm sure he sold it quite a while ago

Rich

ls7plus
01-03-2019, 09:55 PM
I agree with Ben. It took quite a while in coins and cars, but rare variations of significant items often appreciated at substantial rates over the long run. With truly rare, significant cards, condition takes a back seat.

Best of luck,

Larry

ls7plus
01-03-2019, 09:59 PM
They(Blue background) carry at least a 5X premium because of the player(Aaron) and how rare they are. Pretty much if you are lucky enough to find one you better buy it at any price.

With regard to the latter part of Ben's statement, that's pretty much what I just did in buying my 1955 Exhibits Postcard Back Willie Mays last week. If something you believe to be extremely rare and significant comes up, you'd better buy it, because even though you think you just hocked the house for it, it might be far more expensive next time, if ever, it comes up. The hobby's growing in both numbers and knowledge!

Best wishes,

Larry

jfkheat
01-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Most, if not all, of the blue background 58 Aaron cards are just sun faded green background cards. I believe there are a couple threads on here about these cards. If I remember correctly there is one that is half blue and half green because someone covered half of the card and let the sun fade the other half.

bnorth
01-04-2019, 11:29 AM
With regard to the latter part of Ben's statement, that's pretty much what I just did in buying my 1955 Exhibits Postcard Back Willie Mays last week. If something you believe to be extremely rare and significant comes up, you'd better buy it, because even though you think you just hocked the house for it, it might be far more expensive next time, if ever, it comes up. The hobby's growing in both numbers and knowledge!

Best wishes,

Larry

Since this thread got more posts before I deleted my original post this needs to be added.

My post saying they are rare and are worth a premium is complete BS. They are ALL altered and not a single blue front/background left the factory with that blue background IMHO. They are worth less than a unaltered green background card.

I was being a smart a$$ because when this thread was started there was another thread about the blue card currently being discussed.

ALR-bishop
01-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Since the other thread was up, and we have had several prior threads about this card ( blue), I thought the OP might be joking. But, I knew you were being a smart ass ;)