PDA

View Full Version : Certifiedauthenticoriginals Are they reputable?

rmarks
12-19-2018, 10:03 AM
I'm considering to purchase of an autograph that has a COA from Certified Authentic Originals (certifiedauthenticoriginals.com). I couldn't find any third party reviews of this organization to know if they are reputable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

Robert

RichardSimon
12-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Never heard of them.
Why not show the graph here?

rmarks
12-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Great idea! Here's the image of the autograph.

rmarks
12-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Any opinions as to the authenticity of this Ken Hubbs autograph are greatly appreciated. It has a COA from a company I've never heard of, Certified Authentic Original.

Duluth Eskimo
12-19-2018, 01:57 PM
No. This looks like the garbage Jose Tijero was trying to sell. He had about 3-4 Hubbs just like this. Run away

Duluth Eskimo
12-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Look closer. There is major hesitation in the E and it looks like it was signed yesterday. This is an extremely difficult auto on an almost impossible card. Every signed 1963 Topps collector would need this for their collection. Why would this not be in a major auction? Red flag, red flag.

rmarks
12-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Thank you for your wise advise!!!

Duluth Eskimo
12-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Search Jose on this forum and see his Hubbs cards he was trying to sell. This may in fact be one of the ones he had

Fuddjcal
12-20-2018, 08:45 AM
I'm considering to purchase of an autograph that has a COA from Certified Authentic Originals (certifiedauthenticoriginals.com). I couldn't find any third party reviews of this organization to know if they are reputable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

Robert

Make mental note...When you see the word "certified" in front of any COA, it is a SCAM PERIOD!

rmarks
12-20-2018, 11:41 AM
Note taken. Thank you for your words of wisdom!!

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Make mental note...When you see the word "certified" in front of any COA, it is a SCAM PERIOD!

I would disagree since Mike Root's company is Certified Authentication Services and I have yet to meet anyone more honest in the autograph business.

Duluth Eskimo
12-21-2018, 05:42 AM
I see someone named Bruce Dob.son as president and founder. Am I missing something? I am judging the item, which is garbage, not some person. As eluded to, when someone’s make reference to their “ famous pro scope” and that they are “ALWAYS” able to determine a genuine autograph vs a forgery because of their “Formal Training as a Certified Forensic Analyst”, but mention no specific school or instruction this means BS. I don’t see Mike Root’s name associated with this company, but either way it appears to be a clown show.

Duluth Eskimo
12-21-2018, 05:45 AM
If you are just referring to Root’s company separately, please advise on who “certified” Root? I am unaware of the certification process that this could be referencing. In the end, this applies to all TPA companies.

Fuddjcal
12-21-2018, 12:33 PM
If you are just referring to Root’s company separately, please advise on who “certified” Root? I am unaware of the certification process that this could be referencing. In the end, this applies to all TPA companies.

LOL. A Certified Ninkinpoop.

AND If Mike Root is so good, he should change his name because he would be the first and only :).....:D I stand by my original remark.

Fuddjcal
12-21-2018, 12:35 PM
I would disagree since Mike Root's company is Certified Authentication Services and I have yet to meet anyone more honest in the autograph business.

You have some really nice stuff in you store!

Why don't you get some cards graded and autographs certed by CAS instead of PSA and SCG, he's the best that CAS, I hear.

Duluth Eskimo
12-21-2018, 09:27 PM
This should raise a red flag

Duluth Eskimo
12-21-2018, 09:29 PM
He seems to get a lot of impossible cards. Remember when a Ken Hubbs autograph was rare and a 1963 Hubbs signed card was impossible?

Duluth Eskimo
12-21-2018, 09:31 PM
I kind of liked this one too

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-21-2018, 09:53 PM
You have some really nice stuff in you store!

Why don't you get some cards graded and autographs certed by CAS instead of PSA and SCG, he's the best that CAS, I hear.

Mike certifies everything in our auctions that isn't certified when we receive it. He has also come to our auction and spoken to our customers. Is he infallible? I'm sure he's not. I don't believe I said he was. What I DID say is he is the most honest guy I have dealt with in the autograph side of our hobby.

If you look at the autograph boards he is well-respected. I can tell you we recently had a LARGE autograph collection that was entirely uncertified and we put hundreds of pieces through Mike's hands. He failed numerous items of course, but what amazed me is that none of the items he failed were items that the consignor had gotten in person. He didn't have access to that information when he authenticated.

If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?

Again if you have a specific complaint that's a completely different story, but how would you like it if someone with whom you have never done business starting posting shit about how you do your job where people who might do business with you would likely find it when trying to make a decision?

Oh, and there are NO autographs in my store, and there probably never will be. If not for my auction business I probably never would've gotten involved with them. But since it was a necessity, I looked into things and then made a decision which company to do business with.

Fuddjcal
12-23-2018, 11:23 AM
"If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?"

Not particularity. I usually look at the Autograph.

In 10 Years, I have seen maybe 1 with the name "Certified" in it that wasn't a scam. Compared to 1000 other SCAMS. Can you comprehend that? So you found a Unicorn....Good for you. For the masses, If you see "certified" in the COA you can be sure that it is a fake 99.9 % of the time.

I don't care what the clown started. Steve Rocchi was a big shot with PSA too and Now GFA is a scam which he is the front man.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-24-2018, 07:46 AM
You don't get it. Calling someone a clown when you never met them, let alone used their services is a *&% move. You can say what you want in general about authenticaion, but when you start calling out or insulting someone specifically you really ought to have something to back it up. You don't.

Laxcat
12-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Aside of the CoA, I just looked at the Hubbs in question. It is laughable at best. Fraud is still a crime, right?

shelly
12-24-2018, 10:27 AM
"If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?"

Not particularity. I usually look at the Autograph.

In 10 Years, I have seen maybe 1 with the name "Certified" in it that wasn't a scam. Compared to 1000 other SCAMS. Can you comprehend that? So you found a Unicorn....Good for you. For the masses, If you see "certified" in the COA you can be sure that it is a fake 99.9 % of the time.

I don't care what the clown started. Steve Rocchi was a big shot with PSA too and Now GFA is a scam which he is the front man.
You are 100 percent correct.

shelly
12-24-2018, 10:28 AM
He might be honest but the Hubbs sucks.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MikeKam
12-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Agreed, but I do not believe Root/CAS ever passed it. It was some random fly-by-night authentication service that is in question.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-24-2018, 12:39 PM

He's got nothing to do with the autograph in question. I brought him up because of the general statement that any company with "certified" in their name was basically a scam.

Duluth Eskimo
12-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Correct. I will add that I do not believe Mike Root has anything to do with that company or authentication of the Hubbs. I believe Chuck was just poking fun at the “certified” part of his company name.

Fuddjcal
12-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Correct. I will add that I do not believe Mike Root has anything to do with that company or authentication of the Hubbs. I believe Chuck was just poking fun at the “certified” part of his company name.

correctimundo! Merry Christmas Everyone:)