PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball

Case12
12-18-2018, 11:38 AM
WTB - inexpensive Aaron baseball (maybe 30ish bucks). Ball doesn't need to be great. Browning ok. Mostly only interested in strong signature. Prefer MLB ball. PM me with possibilities and pic. Thanks to all. Casey

w7imel
12-18-2018, 04:49 PM
WTB - inexpensive Aaron baseball (maybe 30ish bucks). Ball doesn't need to be great. Browning ok. Mostly only interested in strong signature. Prefer MLB ball. PM me with possibilities and pic. Thanks to all. Casey

Hey while you all are looking for an inexpensive Aaron ball, I would like a single signed ball from some guy named George Ruth. I can pay upwards of 100 dollars:D:D:D:D:D

sycks22
12-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Finding any Aaron auto ball for $30 will be impossible. Best of luck though.

s2h904
12-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Hey while you all are looking for an inexpensive Aaron ball, I would like a single signed ball from some guy named George Ruth. I can pay upwards of 100 dollars:D:D:D:D:D

Hahaha!!! :)

7nohitter
12-19-2018, 06:44 AM
Is it possible he means TOMMY Aaron?

Case, $30 is not going to get you an authentic HA ball.

Case12
12-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Appreciate the feedback. It's not about the money. Many balls out there for $150. So not the ratio of Ruth suggested. I do have a Tommie Aaron ball and love it - found it digging around at a show. I did sell a perfect authentic HA for $40 a few years ago. So the hunt is more interesting than the price - for me anyway. I am not a dealer and don't look to make a profit. I have even had people give my kids balls for free :-)

Fuddjcal
12-19-2018, 08:24 AM

you should be able to find a really nice fake with a fake COA for 30 bucks.:D

Good luck! Spend a bean and get a nice one. Or save up your allowance for another couple weeks. Nobody likes a spotted raccoon ball. These Star Aaron's were $80-90. Now go back to work and save save save!

Case12
12-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Cool story - I once met Stan Musial in a bathroom. We were looking in the mirror washing hands and I said. "You look just like Stan Musial". He said, "I am!". We proceeded to talk ball for maybe 5 minutes - seemed like an eternity to me. I didn't have him sign anything (gee, we were in a bathroom :-). But loved, a random hunt...

Stampsfan
12-28-2018, 02:59 AM
You couldn't find any paper in the bathroom?

This seems like an unrelated post under the thread you started here, "Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball".

May I suggest starting a new thread under the descriptor "Ever met anyone famous in a public bathroom?"

bbcard1
12-28-2018, 06:19 AM
I am not a dealer and don't look to make a profit.

If you are looking to buy something that is widely sellable at significantly less than the market value, you are seeking the same or even greater benefits than a dealer would. Also, you are not a kid.

Case12
12-28-2018, 07:31 AM
You couldn't find any paper in the bathroom?

This seems like an unrelated post under the thread you started here, "Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball".

May I suggest starting a new thread under the descriptor "Ever met anyone famous in a public bathroom?"

That's funny. I should do that. Bet there are neat stories out there.

Bestdj777
12-28-2018, 09:04 AM
I’m confused by your thread. Do you want to buy a Hank Aaron ball or are you just discussing a previous desire to purchase a ball with a strong signature for substantially less than the market price that you’ve subsequently realized is a bit silly and have now given up on? If it’s the former, this is the wrong section to be posting in and you may want to clarify if ultimately decide to post in the right place. If it’s the later, good for you.

As for your bathroom story, I have so many jokes but am not going to mention any of them.

Case12
12-28-2018, 10:30 AM
I did pick up a questionable ball for $24. Folks here ruled it to be fake. So I went ahead and spent more and got a PSA ball for $110. I learned a lot from the forum with this trek. Thank you!

yanksfan09
12-29-2018, 09:34 AM
I did pick up a questionable ball for $24. Folks here ruled it to be fake. So I went ahead and spent more and got a PSA ball for $110. I learned a lot from the forum with this trek. Thank you!

Good job, 24 dollars isn't a bad price to learn a valuable lesson!

For the future , your first desire should be to find an authentic item, not the cheapest. The cheapest will generally not meet the authentic criteria.

Gary Dunaier
12-29-2018, 05:06 PM

If we're going down that road, here's a photo I took inside the men's room just inside the Gate 4 entry at Yankee Stadium after the 2.00pm tour, November 12, 2008.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3198/3026913846_12c3093754_z.jpg
(Photo taken November 12, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/3026913846/).)

This photograph was taken, and is shared here, for historical, archival, and educational purposes. It should be noted that when using these urinals for their intended purpose, and in the intended manner, the user would be facing towards the field.

Fuddjcal
01-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Good job, 24 dollars isn't a bad price to learn a valuable lesson!

For the future , your first desire should be to find an authentic item, not the cheapest. The cheapest will generally not meet the authentic criteria.

Autograph Hunting 101:D, first and only lesson

Fuddjcal
01-03-2019, 09:10 AM
If we're going down that road, here's a photo I took inside the men's room just inside the Gate 4 entry at Yankee Stadium after the 2.00pm tour, November 12, 2008.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3198/3026913846_12c3093754_z.jpg
(Photo taken November 12, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/3026913846/).)

This photograph was taken, and is shared here, for historical, archival, and educational purposes. It should be noted that when using these urinals for their intended purpose, and in the intended manner, the user would be facing towards the field.

I did run into Ed O'Neil (Al Bundy) in the early 1990's in the bathrooms of an empty Universal Amphitheater during a comic relief warm-up. Nicest guy ever....And Tony Danza and Marcel Dionne at the old Forum Club. I think that's it, but that's all I can mis remember.