PDA

View Full Version : Faded Signature on Baseball

Case12
12-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Hi. I have read the past threads on this. They are about 10 years ago. I have a Ryne Sandberg ball. On one panel he wrote - To Casey, Best Wishes, and then on the sweet spot he signed his name. It has faded. Ironically the insription I can still barely make out, but just a squiggle or two on the sweet spot (it has browned there he held the ball in his hand).
I tried the black light, but that didn't work. It was actually worse. Has anything new been discovered in since the last threads?
I honestly want to trace over it, since it is personalized to me it has no value to others. His signature is crazy like and I can't make out enough to trace (and yep, the ball has been in a box in the closet for 15 years....so it sucks that it faded when I wasn't looking at it ;-(
(MLB baseball, blue ink pen)
I hate to throw it away....any miracle ideas? Thanks so much.

Fuddjcal
12-18-2018, 10:03 AM
use oxy clean and start over. Honestly, the selig balls and bic pen signature just fade right off the ball over time and there's not a thing you can do about it when they decide to start fading.

funny how the old White giamatti and brown balls hold the ink even when in direct sunlight and the new balls ink fades right away.

Trace away.