PDA

View Full Version : Ebay autograph sellers - Florida

mrmopar
12-13-2018, 08:38 PM
I know there has been a considerable amount of talk about bad autographs coming out of Florida. I know a couple names have been brought up time and time again, two brothers with separate IDs. This is not about them though.

I was pondering grabbing a few fairly cheap and pretty common signatures, although perhaps a little obscure (nobody seems to be selling them) to fill some gaps in my Dodgers collection. To my knowledge there is minimal demand for these types of players who had brief careers in the last decade.

Any thoughts or confirmed stories of problems with sellers. Both have fairly sizable signature inventories on eBay:

allstarjef4ydp & signatures4u!

I googled both and seems both are well established. There was someone vouching for allstarjef4ydp as well on an autograph site. I messaged that seller thru eBay asking if they were affiliated with the other and he said he knew him, they were friends, but it was a different business (Was hoping to get all players in one shot and save on shipping).

Would not be risking much, but I am turning a bit sour on autographs with all of the fraud that seems to just be getting worse every day.

SetBuilder
12-13-2018, 09:06 PM
I know there has been a considerable amount of talk about bad autographs coming out of Florida. I know a couple names have been brought up time and time again, two brothers with separate IDs. This is not about them though.

I was pondering grabbing a few fairly cheap and pretty common signatures, although perhaps a little obscure (nobody seems to be selling them) to fill some gaps in my Dodgers collection. To my knowledge there is minimal demand for these types of players who had brief careers in the last decade.

Any thoughts or confirmed stories of problems with sellers. Both have fairly sizable signature inventories on eBay:

allstarjef4ydp & signatures4u!

I googled both and seems both are well established. There was someone vouching for allstarjef4ydp as well on an autograph site. I messaged that seller thru eBay asking if they were affiliated with the other and he said he knew him, they were friends, but it was a different business (Was hoping to get all players in one shot and save on shipping).

Would not be risking much, but I am turning a bit sour on autographs with all of the fraud that seems to just be getting worse every day.

California is worse it seems like. Even after they passed the COA law.

I know of two sellers of signed books from California (Oak Park and Carmichael), where despite the purposely blurry photos in all their listings, you can still see the erased tracing lines underneath the ink and the shaky pen strokes. Crazy thing is people still buy thousands of dollars a month of their crap and leave glowing positive feedback.

mr2686
12-14-2018, 02:14 AM
I purchased a single signed baseball from allstarjef4ydp about 8-10 years ago which is good (I'm pretty sure he wasn't out of Florida at the time). Just a quick spot check of what he's selling looked good, and when they have a cert it's one from the major guys (take that with a grain of salt. LOL).

earlywynnfan
12-14-2018, 05:35 AM
Allstarjeff is one of the good ones, he's been around forever doing signings and stuff with the "small guys."