PDA

View Full Version : SGC Grading - new website

Marchillo
12-12-2018, 11:43 AM
I did a submission at the Shriner's Show in Wilmington on 11/2 - Cards showed received on 11/6. Been waiting knowing they are a little behind. Decided to call today to see if I could get an update. Got a nice but canned response (they are behind, no guarantees, should pop soon). About an hour later the cards show as graded. Great! But I don't see grades and I've clicked everywhere I can.

Has anyone had this happen on the new site? I'm guessing I don't have to wait to receive the cards and maybe they are just finishing the data entry. The new site is still a bit wonky so not sure if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Zan
12-12-2018, 12:17 PM
You'll see the grades when they ship, like it's always been with them, unfortunately. It'll be a while before I submit again with SGC, possibly even at the National.

Cozumeleno
12-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Had the same thing happen with me, Stephen. After they were about a month late, I called and checked in. Canned response but then later that day, both of my orders showed up as graded.

Cards came last week and one of the slabs was incorrect. They also didn't refund any of the shipping even though I paid two separate fees and they shipped both orders back together. I get that a good bit of it is insurance, so it doesn't seem worth it to complain.

Marchillo
12-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Had the same thing happen with me, Stephen. After they were about a month late, I called and checked in. Canned response but then later that day, both of my orders showed up as graded.

Cards came last week and one of the slabs was incorrect. They also didn't refund any of the shipping even though I paid two separate fees and they shipped both orders back together. I get that a good bit of it is insurance, so it doesn't seem worth it to complain.

Ugh that is frustrating that the slab was incorrect. The day that it showed as graded; did it ship that day too? Or did you have to wait additional days to see the grades online?

Thanks!

Cozumeleno
12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
The grades were not available immediately. I went to the site after calling them and noticed they were then marked as graded. I think it was two days after that until I got an email saying they were shipped and that's when the grades were posted.

As the other poster wrote, I don't think they post the grades until they're shipped.

Marchillo
12-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Thanks this is very helpful.