PDA

View Full Version : DiMaggio Authentic? Christmas

Case12
12-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Last try before Christmas. Authentic?

A bit pricey, but I like the HOF induction. Comes with Beckett BAS.

It looks nice and bold, but I can't tell. Appreciate your opinions!!!

Case12
12-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Last try before Christmas. Authentic?

A bit pricey, but I like the HOF induction. Comes with Beckett BAS.

It looks nice and bold, but I can't tell. Appreciate your opinions!!!

You can zoom in by pinching the photo.

HOF Auto Rookies
12-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Looks a little off to me. Doesn't seem to have his smooth usual flow, but I'm no expert.

Leon
12-12-2018, 08:22 AM
I think you might be wearing everyone out with all of your questions. Maybe you should just study autographs for a while so you can know them yourself. And then you can make your own informed decisions.
I realize in this day and age of instantaneous information it is easy to just ask for help all of the time, instead of doing the work and learning, but that is not usually the best way to collect. I will go out on a limb and say you are probably younger than 30 yrs old? It seems our younger generation always wants instant gratification.

Case12
12-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Hi Leon. I realize I am wearing out my welcome. I am 56 and been collecting for 25 years. Over 100 baseballs. 50 in person. I have a Jackie Robinson I did ok with, but a Ty Cobb that I got burnt on. I am a detail guy and have studied signatures for years, but I obviously have trouble with DiMaggio. Because I look for detail, I seem to miss the "big picture" flow of the autographs. Of the 100 (including 500 HR and 300 win), I have only missed 4 (per PSA years after I got them). The 4 are DiMagio, Mantle, Williams and Maddux. I was in FL in the early 90s when Mantle died and there were so many fakes (and before operation bullpen pen). I guess what I am trying to convey is that I have studied theses 3 autos and always get them wrong. I was happy to find this forum to help me (it did - my DiMaggio, Mantle and Williams balls i have had for 25 years were ruled bad). So, i am not a newbie, but was thrilled to find this forum to help me with the big 3 i got wrong all these years. You guys helped me get a good Mantle and Williams. Obviously I am having trouble with DiMaggio. So, that is sorta my story. I will back off now, and use TPAs. (Although ironically this one has a Beckett TPA, but seems iffy on the forum so far). No hard feelings I hope, and the help has been much appreciated. You guys are super. Many thanks, Casey

Case12
12-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi Leon. I realize I am wearing out my welcome. I am 56 and been collecting for 25 years. Over 100 baseballs. 50 in person. I have a Jackie Robinson I did ok with, but a Ty Cobb that I got burnt on. I am a detail guy and have studied signatures for years, but I obviously have trouble with DiMaggio. Because I look for detail, I seem to miss the "big picture" flow of the autographs. Of the 100 (including 500 HR and 300 win), I have only missed 4 (per PSA years after I got them). The 4 are DiMagio, Mantle, Williams and Maddux. I was in FL in the early 90s when Mantle died and there were so many fakes (and before operation bullpen pen). I guess what I am trying to convey is that I have studied theses 3 autos and always get them wrong. I was happy to find this forum to help me (it did - my DiMaggio, Mantle and Williams balls i have had for 25 years were ruled bad). So, i am not a newbie, but was thrilled to find this forum to help me with the big 3 i got wrong all these years. You guys helped me get a good Mantle and Williams. Obviously I am having trouble with DiMaggio. So, that is sorta my story. I will back off now, and use TPAs. (Although ironically this one has a Beckett TPA, but seems iffy on the forum so far). No hard feelings I hope, and the help has been much appreciated. You guys are super. Many thanks, Casey

Oh. As for Maddux. I actually met him after a spring training game at his peak with the Braves. He signed all the sweet pretty girls things, but passed right by an old man like me. Part of the hobby...

Leon
12-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Ok then , you are only a year younger than I am, my apologies. No harm or foul, it just seemed like I was watching a younger person because of how I see them act. I am poor at some things too and also ask questions.
This forum has a lot of good members that are ready to help out fellow collectors. Carry on and good luck in the quest!!

Runscott
12-12-2018, 09:39 AM
I don't see why youth would matter. there are plenty of younger collectors who would help the forum avoid getting mired down by placing all their related requests in a single thread. But the old guys do figure it out quicker.

Leon
12-12-2018, 10:06 AM
The only reason I thought he was younger is because of the rapid amount of questions being asked in a short amount of time. Young collectors are great and great for the hobby.

I don't see why youth would matter. there are plenty of younger collectors who would help the forum avoid getting mired down by placing all their related requests in a single thread. But the old guys do figure it out quicker.

jgmp123
12-12-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm 36 and what I recommend you try is to add some value and discussion to the forum prior to jumping right in asking 10 opinions a week.

There are a ton of great folks here and some of the smartest memorabilia experts I know and if you add value, you will get incredible value in return.

Just my 2 cents.
- James Graham

Fuddjcal
12-12-2018, 10:47 AM
That's just another horrible forgery, IMHO.

Not that you need my advice, but as I looked at FU-bay yesterday for Joe Dimaggio photos, I noticed that 99 of 100 of the photos are just easy to spot fakes. I could not believe the ratio. It is sickening. You have a better chance of winning a game of pick-up sticks with your ass cheeks as you do of finding a legitimate Dimaggio over there.

It is much worse that i ever imagined it would get. Just pathetic really. What's more pathetic is that minions run to that site when they protect and empower forgers of everything all over the continent. I'm so glad I quit those M effers with their horrible Philippine call center. Screw e-bay PERIOD. That's my advice. I wouldn't buy a paperclip from them

Runscott
12-12-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm 36 and what I recommend you try is to add some value and discussion to the forum prior to jumping right in asking 10 opinions a week.

There are a ton of great folks here and some of the smartest memorabilia experts I know and if you add value, you will get incredible value in return.

Just my 2 cents.
- James Graham

Wow James - I've been dealing with you for years and always assumed you were around my age.

jgmp123
12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Wow James - I've been dealing with you for years and always assumed you were around my age.

Haha...You're in your mid 20's right?;)

Lordstan
12-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Case,
As a suggestion, perhaps you could just put a post on Net54 of what you are looking for. Many of the members here may have exactly what you need. I would say the vast majority of times, the prices are cheaper than eBay and I think the proportion of fake shere is waaaaaaaaaaay better than you will find on eBay. That is not to say, everyone here is perfect, but I do think we do a better job vetting fakes than most places.

Edit: I personally have a few things signed by Dimaggio available for sale or trade. Unfortunately none of them are of the single signed variety

Kco
12-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Not Loving that Joe d either. BAS or not, I’d steer clear

Mr. Zipper
12-13-2018, 06:53 AM
You have a better chance of winning a game of pick-up sticks with your ass cheeks as you do of finding a legitimate Dimaggio over there.

Thank you, Chuck for a badly needed laugh today.

:)

Case12
12-13-2018, 04:46 PM
Hi all. Me again with my DiMaggio quest. As suggested, a NET54 member is offering this beauty to me. He mentioned he got it from DavesResaleShop in FS. He was ok with me posting for your opinions. I suppose this would be an early signature? If I get thumbs up, I will go for it.

w7imel
12-13-2018, 07:12 PM
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! But wait for the true Dimaggio gods!!:D

Kco
12-14-2018, 05:37 AM
That DiMaggio is good

shelly
12-14-2018, 02:17 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)