PDA

View Full Version : REA / Lifson question

jchcollins
12-10-2018, 10:00 AM
I’ve been googling this out of sheer curiosity and cannot find anything: Who is the “Edward” in Robert Edward Auctions? Is it someone Lifson partnered with when he first started the company? I’ve been perusing old catalogs and just wondered...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trdcrdkid
12-10-2018, 10:05 AM
I’ve been googling this out of sheer curiosity and cannot find anything: Who is the “Edward” in Robert Edward Auctions? Is it someone Lifson partnered with when he first started the company? I’ve been perusing old catalogs and just wondered...

I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that "Edward" is Rob Lifson's middle name.

jchcollins
12-10-2018, 10:21 AM
That was going to be my next guess. Thanks.

Sean
12-10-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that "Edward" is Rob Lifson's middle name.

That's my recollection as well.

Robert_Lifson
12-10-2018, 03:10 PM
That’s my recollection too!

Yes, Edward is my middle name. I chose “Robert Edward Auctions” because I needed to call it something and, well, I think I thought it would make it sound like a bigger company. And in the early days when people called to speak to “Mr. Edward” I would always know they didn’t know me (though I didn’t plan it that way, this was sometimes very helpful, as over the decades I have dealt with thousands of collectors, even before formally starting REA.)

glynparson
12-10-2018, 03:37 PM
I’m confident it’s his middle name.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-10-2018, 03:42 PM
So is he lol.

jchcollins
12-10-2018, 04:12 PM
That’s my recollection too!

Yes, Edward is my middle name. I chose “Robert Edward Auctions” because I needed to call it something and, well, I think I thought it would make it sound like a bigger company. And in the early days when people called to speak to “Mr. Edward” I would always know they didn’t know me (though I didn’t plan it that way, this was sometimes very helpful, as over the decades I have dealt with thousands of collectors, even before formally starting REA.)

Rob, thanks for your reply. I’ve been familiar with your name forever - I’ve collected since I was a kid in the 1980’s. Didn’t realize you were on this board. [emoji4]

Thanks,
-John

glynparson
12-10-2018, 05:33 PM
So is he lol.

Lol that’s what I get for not reading the thread beyond pot one lol.

Leon
12-10-2018, 05:36 PM
You would be surprised at who is on the board and doesn't post. However there is privacy allowed so their names remain private.

Rob, thanks for your reply. I’ve been familiar with your name forever - I’ve collected since I was a kid in the 1980’s. Didn’t realize you were on this board. [emoji4]

Thanks,
-John

Jay Wolt
12-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Lol that’s what I get for not reading the thread beyond pot one lol.
Glyn Be careful, its not legal here in PA yet :D