PDA

View Full Version : Ruth and Maris opinions...

w7imel
11-24-2018, 03:37 PM
I took my family yesturday to the Louisville Slugger Bat museum...WOW the place was amazing and some of the pieces of baseball history was really cool!! The factory tour to watch how the process was done was truly impressive so if you haven went then you should..Really affordable. At the end of the tour you could visit their impressive gift shop. They had alot of ball, bats and pictures for sale in there that is why I made post..What are your toughts on this Maris auto photo for $550? And this Ruth pencil cut for 4250? The Ruth looked off to me but I wanted to run it by the experts.. That Maris looked different as well but sharpie always throws me off.

Kco
11-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Ruth looks fine. I’m not going to Opine in Maris since I’m not overly comfortable with his auto.

w7imel
11-24-2018, 09:57 PM
Ruth looks fine. I’m not going to Opine in Maris since I’m not overly comfortable with his auto.

And that's fine..the part of the Ruth cut being in pencil is what concerned me..I still think its off but would like to get more opinions.

Bpm0014
11-25-2018, 07:47 PM
I’d like to think I’m as good as anyone when it comes to Ruth, but this is a tough one. First glance it looks good; just a semi-rushed signature. But the more I look at it, that “e” is just so off. Like REALLY REALLY off.

Bpm0014
11-26-2018, 08:41 AM
After looking at this again, I'm going to say that it is good...with just a realllllllllly weird "e".

w7imel
11-26-2018, 03:43 PM
After looking at this again, I'm going to say that it is good...with just a realllllllllly weird "e".

And the E is what caught my eye as well that and it was in pencil and it is a cut...too many bad factors made me question it.

Rob L
11-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Maris looks good👌

Laxcat
11-27-2018, 10:00 AM
I have no opinion on the Ruth. My postwar focus is Maris. The Maris looks off. Maybe it is just the sharpie.

steve B
11-30-2018, 11:53 AM
I’d like to think I’m as good as anyone when it comes to Ruth, but this is a tough one. First glance it looks good; just a semi-rushed signature. But the more I look at it, that “e” is just so off. Like REALLY REALLY off.

It can't be easy writing on a napkin with pencil.

Howard Johnsons used the same logo for the whole time they were around, so that's no help.