PDA

View Full Version : PSA Player Master Set question

whiteymet
11-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys:

I am not much of a graded collector, but I was looking at something today that did not make sense to me on PSA Player Master sets.

Why are some sets listed in the checklist for the Master set for some players, but not others.

Say for a BAD example, on the Jimmie Foxx Master list is a 1933 Tattoo Orbit, but the Tattoo Orbit is not listed in the Master Checklist for Rogers Hornsby.

Why is this?? Anyone know?

Does PSA put together the checklist for the Player Master sets or does each individual collector select the list he wants to go after?

Any help is appreciated

sflayank
11-24-2018, 03:18 PM
They only add cards when requested

whiteymet
11-24-2018, 03:24 PM
They only add cards when requested

So if two guys are collecting a Master set for Jimmie Foxx they can have different checklists for the Foxx Master set?

And some guys put cards on the list they are missing and others don't?

Why wouldn't PSA put ALL cards from the Tattoo Orbit set in my example on the Master list for all the players in that set?

sflayank
11-24-2018, 04:08 PM
no
if its in the master set its in for everyone

whiteymet
11-24-2018, 04:33 PM
no
if its in the master set its in for everyone

So, back to an earlier question. If a card from a set is in on one Player Master set checklist why aren't ALL cards from that set on ALL the players Master set checklists for those players in the set?

glchen
11-24-2018, 04:38 PM
So, back to an earlier question. If a card from a set is in on one Player Master set checklist why aren't ALL cards from that set on ALL the players Master set checklists for those players in the set?

Because they only add new cards to existing sets as requested. Only that player set, not all player sets.

whiteymet
11-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Because they only add new cards to existing sets as requested. Only that player set, not all player sets.

Got it.

So PSA did the original checklist and did not list all sets.

Then when a guy requests to add a set to his player checklist, PSA does not think to add all the players in that set to other player checklists for those in the set.

Make sense to anyone? Not me

swarmee
11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
No, but that's the way it works. They don't have a big enough staff for the Set Registry just to add thousands of cards to the thousands of the sets they offer.

The Registry is basically a free service, so any manpower they put toward it is effectively part of their marketing overhead. If you are doing the Rogers Hornsby Registry, you can request they add that card. And truthfully, the collectors doing the sets are usually more knowledgeable on the sets than the staff is.