PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mantle ball

Jasonxmay
11-23-2018, 02:02 PM
I purchased this ball on eBay in 2000 and I assume it’s no good but wanted to get confirmation before I dispose of it. I’ve never been good at figuring Mantle’s signature out, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

SetBuilder
11-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Fake.

Mr. Zipper
11-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Textbook B&Js Collectibles style fake.

Fuddjcal
11-24-2018, 01:04 PM
yeah, unfortunately You ASS/U/ME D correctly.

Jasonxmay
11-24-2018, 03:44 PM
Thank you to everyone for confirming my suspicions. I got a lot of bargains in the early days if eBay including beautiful signed DiMaggio and Williams baseball, so this one doesn’t hurt too much.

Jason

Fuddjcal
11-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Thank you to everyone for confirming my suspicions. I got a lot of bargains in the early days if eBay including beautiful signed DiMaggio and Williams baseball, so this one doesn’t hurt too much.

Jason

did you have the Dimaggio and Williams looked at :D. A bargain shopper and E bay don't mix when it comes to Autographs if you already got beat for 150-250 for the easiest to spot Mantle fake. Dimaggio and Williams are a little tougher to spot IMHO and my bet without looking is that they are also FAKE.:cool:

shelly
11-25-2018, 04:03 PM
B&J sold hundreds of these balls:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mr. Zipper
11-25-2018, 04:35 PM
B&J sold hundreds of these balls:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I suspect your estimate is extremely low. :( :)

Jasonxmay
11-25-2018, 06:54 PM
I paid $20 for the Mantle ball. I’d be more upset if I was out $250. I was 16 when I purchased the Mantle and my eye wasn’t too discerning back then. I’ve gotten pretty good at spotting fakes, but Mantle is one I’ve has trouble with. Here are the DiMaggio and Williams balls that I purchased around the same time period. I’m fairly confident that both are authentic, but I’d certainly like to hear from others who may be more familiar with their signatures.

did you have the Dimaggio and Williams looked at :D. A bargain shopper and E bay don't mix when it comes to Autographs if you already got beat for 150-250 for the easiest to spot Mantle fake. Dimaggio and Williams are a little tougher to spot IMHO and my bet without looking is that they are also FAKE.:cool:

Fuddjcal
11-26-2018, 07:06 PM
I like both the Dimaggio and the Williams!!!!:)

Nice job only eating a $20 for the Mantle ball. Excellent ball for the dog.

earlywynnfan
11-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Fudd happy? Is something wrong??

Jasonxmay
11-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Thank you, Chuck. I appreciate it! I’ve had pretty good luck buying raw autographs including buying 3 Ruths and a Gehrig that all passed PSA. I’ve been burned a few times, but the wins have far outweighed the losses. The Mantle has been destroyed with a permanent marker and discarded and I just spent $400 on a nice PSA authenticated Mantle ball to replace it.

Jason

I like both the Dimaggio and the Williams!!!!:)

Nice job only eating a $20 for the Mantle ball. Excellent ball for the dog.