PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Fit Sleeves

jchcollins
11-19-2018, 11:57 AM
It's rare that I will actually go so far as to advocate a supply product (I have ripped up a few in terms of magnetic and screw cases that I didn't think were worth their asking price in these forums before...) but since I've finally had a really great experience - I will give a plug here for Perfect Fit Innovations. Check these guys out:

http://www.perfectfitsleeves.com/default.asp

Bottom line, bar none the best sleeve out there on the market. What I ordered was for graded cards (PSA), but they also sent a freebie sample pack of sleeves for top loaders, and other case sizes.

Ever get a graded card in the mail and think "boy, it's a good thing the grade is on the card inside and not the holder itself!" (?) I have, and am routinely annoyed by this kind of thing. Perfect fit lets you protect a slabbed card from scratches and dings in perpituity - their sleeves fit very snugly and have a high-quality gloss-like surface to them. They really do make your cards look slick. Way better than those "graded card bags", in any event - which are way too big. I think you can get those from Cardboard Gold or one of those outfits. They do the job but really looks sloppy in comparision to these Perfect Fits. Had been unaware of these until I recently got a PSA slab in the mail that had a card in one - and immediately I dug in and did my research and found their site. When I first went looking, they were backordered on the PSA size for a while, but re-stocked. 2 packs of 50 sleeves plus shipping ran me a tad less than $7. Wonderful deal if you ask me...

dictoresno
11-19-2018, 12:00 PM
these are the only sleeves I use, and they are cheap as well. I also use them for my one touch holders.

vintagebaseballcardguy
11-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Awesome product and super people!

Peter_Spaeth
11-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Do people find that they leave a residue on the holder the way some other graded card sleeves sometimes do? I really dislike taking cards out of sleeves and finding a definite residue that sometimes looks like a bunch of vertical lines. OCD ish I know.

dictoresno
11-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Do people find that they leave a residue on the holder the way some other graded card sleeves sometimes do? I really dislike taking cards out of sleeves and finding a definite residue that sometimes looks like a bunch of vertical lines. OCD ish I know.

no residue that ive ever seen

Exhibitman
11-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Great product. The sleeves fit snugly and the flap is tapered so no more raggedy corners from contact with other holders. The bags for SGC cards also fit BVG cards, BTW, which is nice.

bensie
11-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Thanks for this thread. I was literally just about to go start searching which sleeves fit PSA cards the best. I'll save myself the trouble and just order some of these.

jchcollins
11-19-2018, 04:02 PM
The bags for SGC cards also fit BVG cards, BTW, which is nice.

And vice versa. They sent some bags for Beckett slabs in my sample pack, and those seem to fit SGC pretty well too. Technically I think the SGC slabs are a little taller, but the bags work fine and still look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceinGa
11-19-2018, 04:13 PM
On August 30, I bought Perfect fit sleeves for PSA slabs. I had been using the SGC size for my PSA slabs but didn't like them because they were about 1/2" too wide.
My new ones fit my PSA slabs "like a glove"! The also sent assorted samples. It seems as if they are going above and beyond to grow their business!

Mdmtx
11-19-2018, 04:43 PM
I just started using these a month ago. I wish they made them for t3/t9 or n173 slabs. Any ideas for this?

CobbSpikedMe
11-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the tip John. I'll be trying these out for sure.

vintagebaseballcardguy
11-19-2018, 06:32 PM
I probably use these a little differently than most. For smaller sets, I have kept my cards (baseball and football) in a binder in Card Saver 1s in 4 pocket pages. At first it didn't work so well because the Card Saver 1s slipped around and sometimes out of the page pocket, but Perfect Fit solved that. I put the Card Saver 1 into the Perfect Fit sleeve and slide that down into the pocket and fold the adhesive part over the front part of the pocket. It is so clear, you can't tell it's there. This works well with the few graded cards I have in my sets, too. My pictures aren't very good quality, but you get the idea.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/048701b0de6dd0d4906856f911992bdf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/d89cfbdc2eca9e2cb4ec2dd1e2d7a117.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nonsensename1
11-19-2018, 07:14 PM
I’ve been happy with radicards.com for psa and bgs/sgc but looking forward to comparing to these and especially looking forward to testing them out for tall boy/ exhibits / postcards which I haven’t had an option for till seeing these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aquarian Sports Cards
11-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Man I get all excited about these and then go to the website only to find they are sold out of the SGC version?

Tom S.
11-19-2018, 10:34 PM
I just started using these a month ago. I wish they made them for t3/t9 or n173 slabs. Any ideas for this?

I also looked around for something to protect my T3-sized SGC slabs. I ended up finding bags made by BCW for Golden Age comic books.

They are 8"x10" with a 1-1/2" resealable flap, and the SGC slabs fit just right. I don't know how much different the PSA large slabs are - these bags might fit them as well.

Hope this helps!

jchcollins
11-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Man I get all excited about these and then go to the website only to find they are sold out of the SGC version?

Possibly the only negative thing I would have to say about them is that they do seem to have some supply problems. They were sold out of the regular PSA sleeves for a long time until I finally was able to order last week.

jchcollins
11-20-2018, 12:29 PM
My pictures aren't very good quality, but you get the idea.

Yeah, I tried out some of their sample sleeves for toploaders last night on my '70 Topps HOF'ers. Very slick. I never thought a card only in a toploader looked exactly "professional", but these do now.

DeanH3
11-20-2018, 03:15 PM
This post was very timely for me. Read it yesterday and then a recent purchased showed up in the mail and the card was inside a perfect fit sleeve. Really liked it so I just ordered a couple packs. Thanks for the heads up.

Mdmtx
11-20-2018, 05:02 PM
I also looked around for something to protect my T3-sized SGC slabs. I ended up finding bags made by BCW for Golden Age comic books.

They are 8"x10" with a 1-1/2" resealable flap, and the SGC slabs fit just right. I don't know how much different the PSA large slabs are - these bags might fit them as well.

Hope this helps!

I will try them. Thank you! Been using the styrofoam dish things for moving. They protect well, but they are opaque.

BuckiGuy
11-20-2018, 09:26 PM
I've been a PFI guy for awhile now. Bought their tall boy sleeves for my PSA 69-70 and 70-71 basketball sets. Literally fit perfect, and I've been with them ever since. They do have frequent supply issues, so stock up when you order.