PDA

View Full Version : SGC Backlog

Cozumeleno
11-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Wondering if anyone has any subs they received recently from SGC. I have one on a 20-day schedule that was due back nine business days ago as well as a second on a 10-day schedule that is several days behind as well. Just trying to get a handle on what kind of wait times to expect. I previously saw a mention on their website about being slightly behind but no indication besides that.

I realize those are estimated windows but I have not had any prior issues that were all that significantly with SGC before. Maybe 2-3 days behind. Received some cards a couple of months ago that were on time.

whitehse
11-12-2018, 01:50 PM
I am waiting for a twenty day submission but it's only been 11 business days. I cannot stop clicking "refresh" to see if anything popped. I am also curious to know if there is a huge backlog at this point.

As Tom Petty once said "the waiting is the hardest part!"

boneheadandrube
11-12-2018, 02:14 PM
When I called to ask if they were a little behind they said "about 1 week" behind schedule because of volume.

Aquarian Sports Cards
11-12-2018, 02:31 PM
They've been on time or very close for me all fall.

Peter_Spaeth
11-12-2018, 03:07 PM
I just got back two orders, one of which was maybe a couple of weeks behind and the other was just about on time. Some of the cards were relatively obscure nonsports issues so that likely accounted for it. Strict, but fair and consistent grading.

Rich Falvo
11-12-2018, 04:13 PM
I sent in a 20-day submission in early September. I got the emails saying the lot had been logged in around business day 22 and had the cards a week later. So, basically six weeks from shipping to getting them back.

murphy8276
11-12-2018, 04:47 PM
I would just answer YES they are back logged.

I paid for a 5 day order. It was cleared on business day 12 after received.

Cozumeleno
11-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the help, all. Was trying to be patient before I bug them so I'll give it a few more days before calling to check in.

Much appreciated -

t206kid
11-12-2018, 09:39 PM
I had a 10 day sub pop (and ship) on day 17. They are behind. You can politely inquire with them but I don't think it'll make them go any faster.

Stampsfan
11-13-2018, 01:38 AM
Does anyone think the new labels (and possibly new standards) have been part of the reason for the backlog?

OLDBILL
11-13-2018, 01:45 AM
Similar backlog with PSA. If you go to their site, it says:
"PSA is experiencing a high volume of submissions, and as a result, submission processing times have been impacted."

Eddiez
11-13-2018, 06:46 AM
Last 2 times I sent cards in they were about 2 weeks late.

Cozumeleno
11-13-2018, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure, Bob - but I've had 4-5 other submissions with them before without any significant delay. I think one was 2-3 days late but that was really it.

Does anyone think the new labels (and possibly new standards) have been part of the reason for the backlog?

Zan
11-13-2018, 08:33 AM

I think there is something to this. With the new changes on the way they have told me that they have captured a lot of new business and a lot of volume. However, I was told that they made two new hires (at some positions, don't know which) to help with volume

Republicaninmass
11-13-2018, 08:51 AM

More than likely solely the reholder crew. I cant imagine they'd capture any more market share with the launch.

steve B
11-13-2018, 03:39 PM
What's the odds some card got stuck in the new grading machine and it took a week to clear the "paper jam" ….. :rolleyes: