PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Collins Autograph?

baseball tourist
11-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Looking at an item from afar. Hoping it is a legit contract signing page.

Does anyone know about the company providing the LOA -"Autograph Authentication Services"

Thanks!

SetBuilder
11-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Eddie Collins' autograph is extremely difficult to forge and according to Ron Keurajian, there are no well executed forgeries in the market.

baseball tourist
11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Eddie Collins' autograph is extremely difficult to forge and according to Ron Keurajian, there are no well executed forgeries in the market.

Thanks. I thought the formation of the signature looked good but am unsure if it this might be a copy of the contract page or the real deal. Can’t get an in person look at it unfortunately. The LOA, if recognized might help speak to the quality of the company, perhaps.

SetBuilder
11-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Thanks. I thought the formation of the signature looked good but am unsure if it this might be a copy of the contract page or the real deal. Can’t get an in person look at it unfortunately.

You may have to remove it from the frame to examine the ink with a loupe if you have any doubts.

baseball tourist
11-09-2018, 06:36 PM
You may have to remove it from the frame to examine the ink with a loupe if you have any doubts.

Not possible unfor.

SetBuilder
11-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Not possible unfor.

Get as close as you can and look at it through the glass with a good loupe and look at the printing. See if you see laser printed dots around the text or the signature. I really doubt it, though. I've seen these signed contracts before at major auction houses. There are a few of these on eBay now that look exactly like the one in the photo.

RichardSimon
11-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Never heard of that authentication company and if you Google them, there is no reference to them on the first page of Google.
These contracts with Collins signature are relatively common.
But looking at framed items from afar is never a safe thing to do unless the seller is well known in the hobby.

baseball tourist
11-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Never heard of that authentication company and if you Google them, there is no reference to them on the first page of Google.
These contracts with Collins signature are relatively common.
But looking at framed items from afar is never a safe thing to do unless the seller is well known in the hobby.

Great advice. I can’t get a solid look at this. Will pass. Thanks everyone!

Topnotchsy
11-10-2018, 04:20 PM
I have one of those with a PSA LOA that I would be open to dealing I’d you are looking for one.

baseball tourist
11-10-2018, 04:26 PM
I have one of those with a PSA LOA that I would be open to dealing I’d you are looking for one.

Thanks. I would have bought just to flip/trade for Toronto items for my collection. The one I posted was from a small town auction that typically deals in housewares and tools. Several PSA encapsulated items and a few garbage autos with garbage certs like ACE, Frangipani etc