PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Sports Auctions

Neal
11-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Edited title to thread - Oct 2020

Considering using one of them - or someone else - for PSA graded cards. I think both of these are tied to the PSA registry but could be mistaken. I have used Sterling many times with success, but most of my consignments were prewar examples. Lee does a good job with those.

Sirius seems to be impossible to reach - email or phone - so I am not sure if that is a good sign.

Anyone use these guys?

pclpads
11-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Never consigned with them, but have won many of their auctions over the years. Their shipping is remarkably fast, as in two days from payment to the left coast, from their AH on the east coast. Their consignment rates also look pretty inviting. Their BP juice - 12.5% - is super buyer friendly, while other AH are up to 22%. Those I pass on.

pokerplyr80
11-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Same here, never consigned with either but have bought from both with no problems. I have never needed to contact Sirius but I did have a couple of questions for small traditions and was able to reach someone very quickly.

If you're selling anything Jeter or Arod related I would definitely use small traditions.

Neal
11-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Same here, never consigned with either but have bought from both with no problems. I have never needed to contact Sirius but I did have a couple of questions for small traditions and was able to reach someone very quickly.

If you're selling anything Jeter or Arod related I would definitely use small traditions.

both stellar as a buyer!
Interesting note on Jeter cards - thanks

jfkheat
11-04-2018, 02:20 PM
What era cards are you planning to auction? For vintage I would go with Sirius. Their consignment fee for cards over $100 is 0%. With the 12.5% buyers fee, buyers can bid higher so the seller will make more.

Empty77
11-05-2018, 09:29 PM
I've consigned several times with Small Traditions, not others. I am not attentive to the various fees on either side, so can't comment there, if that is valuable to someone else. But I can say that I can't imagine anywhere being more communicative than ST.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
11-06-2018, 07:47 AM
I'll never do business with Dave Thorn (Small Traditions) be it buying or selling. That's just me though and based on what I consider to be honest dealings.

I don't have any experience with Sirius so can't help you there, sorry.

Arthur

Neal
11-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Still no idea on how to consign to Sirius …. received an email from them (after sending several) and was told he'll get me a "form"

that was Monday.

anyone know this guy?

Exhibitman
11-07-2018, 06:26 PM
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/karnak.jpg

What are two auctioneers I've never bothered with?

Neal
11-07-2018, 09:11 PM
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/karnak.jpg

What are two auctioneers I've never bothered with?Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

perezfan
01-13-2020, 07:20 PM
I'll never do business with Dave Thorn (Small Traditions) be it buying or selling. That's just me though and based on what I consider to be honest dealings.

I don't have any experience with Sirius so can't help you there, sorry.

Arthur

Major props to Arthur for the above post. :rolleyes:

He called it early-on!

todeen
01-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Major props to Arthur for the above post. :rolleyes:

He called it early-on!+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

buymycards
01-14-2020, 03:30 PM
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345291

Neal
10-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Bit the bullet and sent my first consignment with form sent in the package for my winnings.

No email confirmation but wasn't expecting one based on what others have told me.

I guess I'll see the items on my account page when they are being auctioned? Is there an email stating the auction has started?

Thx

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Empty77
10-06-2020, 10:28 PM
Which one did you use? Thinking not ST, since it looks like may not be active anymore.

Neal
10-07-2020, 05:29 AM
Which one did you use? Thinking not ST, since it looks like may not be active anymore.

Sirius ...

will change the title of the thread if I can.

Empty77
10-07-2020, 10:45 PM
Never consigned with them so don't know if they provide specific info to consignors about what auction your stuff lands in, but they certainly send out generic emails to their mailing list when auctions start and typically another reminder the day before they close. I notice getting those regularly.

55koufax
10-10-2020, 10:09 AM
I have consigned 1000's of cards with Sirius (and won 1000's over the years from their bi-weekly auctions). The principle's name is Michael. Yes, they (he) is not the best communicator in the world. That notwithstanding, they are seemingly honest, pretty reliable, and reasonably expedient on everything they do. Their fees are very fair as someone stated. I find it as a great site for updating several of my mainstream 50's, 60's, 70's Topps baseball sets. Both buying and selling. When I submit I do not utilize their online form, rather I attach my own submission excel spreadsheet, email Michael with it and ship the cards USPS Priority signature required. I have recommended them to several collectors. They do a good job, that said, communication is not their strong point.

Neal
11-17-2020, 08:47 AM
I have consigned 1000's of cards with Sirius (and won 1000's over the years from their bi-weekly auctions). The principle's name is Michael. Yes, they (he) is not the best communicator in the world. That notwithstanding, they are seemingly honest, pretty reliable, and reasonably expedient on everything they do. Their fees are very fair as someone stated. I find it as a great site for updating several of my mainstream 50's, 60's, 70's Topps baseball sets. Both buying and selling. When I submit I do not utilize their online form, rather I attach my own submission excel spreadsheet, email Michael with it and ship the cards USPS Priority signature required. I have recommended them to several collectors. They do a good job, that said, communication is not their strong point.

agreed ... figured to bring this up

My second consignment is in progress and a third is on the way. I still wish I would receive emails other than outbid notices however.

Starting each lot at a buck is very effective. I've used some others that start either too high or bunch some random cards as a lot, which really prevents any bidding activity.

For anyone out there thinking of using Sirius, just fill out the form and send. It will get to auction.