PDA

View Full Version : What Key Cards Should Be Graded

bkspoilers
10-24-2018, 10:19 AM
I saw a thread on another board discussing whether or not a 54 Topps Aaron should be graded. Someone made a statement that it is a "Key Card" and should be graded.

In the boards opinion which cards are "Key Cards" and should be graded?

I will start with the obvious 1952 Topps Mantle.

JollyElm
10-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Maybe you should rename this thread "(Besides the Obvious) What Key Cards Should Be Graded?" This might make it a little more comprehensive in the end, as you won't get 100 posts in a row saying, "Mickey Mantle." :)

1967 Topps High Number #600 Brooks Robinson

stlcardsfan
10-24-2018, 03:18 PM
What key cards do you have?

bkspoilers
10-24-2018, 03:36 PM
I really do not have many what I would consider key cards.

I do have the following (not graded):
48 Bowman Musial
48 Leaf Musial
2X 58 Gibson
34 Diamond Stars Medwick
2X 72 Staubach
71 Bradshaw

I would think that these might be key cards. I guess I should change title to "not obvious".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stlcardsfan
10-25-2018, 08:17 AM
I really do not have many what I would consider key cards.

I do have the following (not graded):
48 Bowman Musial
48 Leaf Musial
2X 58 Gibson
34 Diamond Stars Medwick
2X 72 Staubach
71 Bradshaw

I would think that these might be key cards. I guess I should change title to "not obvious".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Some nice cards there. If you are planning on selling them I would consider getting them all graded. I am assuming you mean '59 Gibson as opposed to '58. On the Staubach and Bradshaw cards it sort of depends on the quality to determine if they should be graded. If they are high grade yes, if mid or low grade probably not.

Let's see some pictures!

irv
10-25-2018, 08:59 AM
I would think any "Key" or "valuable cards" should be graded.

I have never sent any of mine in to be graded but if I lived stateside, that would be a different story.

It has also been suggested more than once to me that I should also get some/most of my high number cards graded as well, (52 Topps) or at least the one that are worthy.

Currently, with no plans to sell any of mine in the foreseeable future, I will hold off with grading but if the time ever comes when I think they are time to go, then getting them graded will be my best option, imo, to reap the most money out of them.

Grading all insures to the purchasers, the cards are legit.

rats60
10-25-2018, 09:07 AM
I agree with Irv. If you are not selling, there is no need to spend money on grading your cards. I have a t206 set and a 1933 Goudey set and only 5 of the cards are graded, all recent purchases. The rest were bought before PSA existed. If you are selling, I would grade anything worth more than $100.

jason.1969
10-25-2018, 04:42 PM
Fully agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk