PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Venmo for BST transactions?

Santo10Fan
10-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Has anyone been using Venmo on the BST boards? I use it all the time for Cubs tickets between my friends and occasionally when splitting a bar tab. Standard fees for CCs but none for bank initiated ACH transactions.

swarmee
10-23-2018, 04:51 PM
Do they have buyer protection on payments? With PayPal goods you can ask for a refund if the cards never show up or are not in the same condition you are promised.

Santo10Fan
10-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Do they have buyer protection on payments? With PayPal goods you can ask for a refund if the cards never show up or are not in the same condition you are promised.

According to the terms I read, no. They explicitly state avoid payments for goods and services. Is there recourse for Paypal FF rip-offs? I was under the impression there isn't, just on goods and services.

swarmee
10-23-2018, 07:26 PM
No, if you're sending as friends and family, you have no recourse either. But I'm not going to send cash to random people online without the ability to make a return/refund if my card doesn't show up. I like my money.

HRBAKER
10-23-2018, 07:33 PM
No, if you're sending as friends and family, you have no recourse either. But I'm not going to send cash to random people online without the ability to make a return/refund if my card doesn't show up. I like my money.

....and they're likely not your friends or family. :)

bnorth
10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
....and they're likely not your friends or family. :)

Yes , but it is way more important to save $.35 and 2.9% than be honest and pay for the service you are receiving.:eek::D

bigred1
10-24-2018, 11:24 AM
I was letting a tenant use it to pay me rent, took 3 business days not counting one on each side, to get money, no more for me. Will not be using in future

Leon
10-28-2018, 07:32 AM
I like PP but haven't tried others....