PDA

View Full Version : Any auctions out there that I can consign to by year end??

JMANOS
10-23-2018, 03:36 PM
Where as the auction is over by year end and u still can get a consignment in?? Thx u in advance.

OldOriole
10-23-2018, 03:43 PM
There are many. Off the top of my head the following auction houses all have an auction left in 2018 and the consignment deadline has not passed:
- Heritage (the weekly internet auctions)
- Sterling
- Huggins & Scott (if you hurry)
- SCP
- Mile High
- Goodwin
- Aquarian Sports Cards

...and there may well be more. I'd start with the ones who advertise here :)

Rhotchkiss
10-23-2018, 03:46 PM
I think Memory Lane is taking consignments too.

Sean
10-23-2018, 03:56 PM
And there is always PWCC if you decide to go that route.

bobfreedman
10-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Love of the Game and Mile High are both still accepting consignments for this year

Aquarian Sports Cards
10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
There are many. Off the top of my head the following auction houses all have an auction left in 2018 and the consignment deadline has not passed:
- Heritage (the weekly internet auctions)
- Sterling
- Huggins & Scott (if you hurry)
- SCP
- Mile High
- Goodwin

...and there may well be more. I'd start with the ones who advertise here :)

Hey, I advertise here! :)

I have room and a little bit of time for my prewar auction that starts in Mid November.

Rhotchkiss
10-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Love of the Game and Mile High are both still accepting consignments for this year

I thought LOTG was closed. If not, great auction house too.

bnorth
10-23-2018, 07:58 PM

I have room and a little bit of time for my prewar auction that starts in Mid November.

I have 7 SGC graded T210's, is that something you would be interested in? If so PM me with details.:)

Aquarian Sports Cards
10-23-2018, 08:25 PM
PM sent. I think they'd go nice with the Obak collection we have going up!

JMANOS
10-24-2018, 05:46 AM
As they will be charging state tax regardless of the state starting in 2019?? Not 100% sure but was told there is a new tax law in 2019 that will effect the sale or auction houses on the state level?? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Im not a CPA but did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

sb1
10-24-2018, 06:12 AM
Incorrect information.

Several states are enacting sales tax changes, but it does not affect all businesses(AH's included) as there are dollar and transaction amounts that must be met.

Touch'EmAll
10-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Depending on the type/value of material you have, remember good 'ol eBay. The do it yourself route can be just fine.

OldOriole
10-24-2018, 09:19 AM

Sorry, Scott, I had assumed your consignment deadline had passed. Shouldn't have done that. As a multi-time consignor to Scott's auctions, I can say the process has been seamless and I've been happy with the prices realized. Add him to the list (I will too, in the OP)!

slidekellyslide
10-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Incorrect information.

Several states are enacting sales tax changes, but it does not affect all businesses(AH's included) as there are dollar and transaction amounts that must be met.

I'm curious about this. How do you know if you'll hit that threshold? Am I supposed to be collecting sales taxes from ebay customers in Texas and if so what do I do with that money if I don't hit the threshold? Do I have to keep records of everyone who paid and then refund them? Do I just pay the money to Texas even though I didn't hit the threshold? This new law is going to absolutely lead to less business being conducted on the internet. Not necessarily because people in Nebraska don't want to pay taxes to Texas, but it's really going to suck for sellers and they may find it not worth doing business online anymore.

Aquarian Sports Cards
10-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Sorry, Scott, I had assumed your consignment deadline had passed. Shouldn't have done that. As a multi-time consignor to Scott's auctions, I can say the process has been seamless and I've been happy with the prices realized. Add him to the list (I will too, in the OP)!

Mainly teasing, but thanks for the belated shout out!

sb1
10-24-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm curious about this. How do you know if you'll hit that threshold? Am I supposed to be collecting sales taxes from ebay customers in Texas and if so what do I do with that money if I don't hit the threshold? Do I have to keep records of everyone who paid and then refund them? Do I just pay the money to Texas even though I didn't hit the threshold? This new law is going to absolutely lead to less business being conducted on the internet. Not necessarily because people in Nebraska don't want to pay taxes to Texas, but it's really going to suck for sellers and they may find it not worth doing business online anymore.

I believe Ebay is going to do all of that tax work for the sellers and automatically calculate, collect and pay it. BUT I encourage you to inquire to them directly, as I am just going from what I read/hear. Until 2019 rolls around and it starts, no one may know for sure.

I can say with reasonable surety the bar will be high enough to preclude most small to medium sellers elsewhere in the E-commerce world. As an example I believe the South Dakota requirement is sales over $200k and that is in each state, AGAIN my understanding and may or may not be 100% accurate.

Leon
10-28-2018, 10:57 AM
In today's environment I think you can safely say there is always another auction to consign to.

Where as the auction is over by year end and u still can get a consignment in?? Thx u in advance.