PDA

View Full Version : Scammer alert

RichardSimon
10-19-2018, 10:27 AM
Buyer's name: Riza Bahadur
Buyer's email: alie_awane@hotmail.com

This guy is a scammer who is using Paypal.
He paid for three of my quick opinion autograph examinations.
$18.99 x 3.
We swapped a number of emails and I told him that all three items were not authentic. They were actually poor forgeries.
One month later he disputes the charges saying that there was unauthorized use of his account.
Today Paypal was notified by the buyer's financial institution that I got screwed and now have three chargebacks from Paypal.
In addition, Paypal charged me $20 per transaction that was charged back, however, I spoke to someone at Paypal and got those charges reversed.

I realize we are not talking about a lot of money here but I hate being taken by a scam.
Paypal cannot do anything for me.

Leon
10-19-2018, 12:52 PM
That sucks.

MikeKam
10-19-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure if it's "allowed" or would help in a case like this, but I've previously had experiences where people that were providing me a service would make me pay via PayPal but have myself include a message along the lines of "for services already rendered/performed"

RichardSimon
10-19-2018, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure if it's "allowed" or would help in a case like this, but I've previously had experiences where people that were providing me a service would make me pay via PayPal but have myself include a message along the lines of "for services already rendered/performed"

Good idea but in this instance he paid for the service before I rendered it.

MikeKam
10-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Good idea but in this instance he paid for the service before I rendered it.

Yep, that's the point - prior to even you rendering the service you have them send payment with that message. Of course, it likely will have some people wondering if it is a scam from their end, since it does seem to be a strange request haha.