PDA

View Full Version : Not PSA's best day

Peter_Spaeth
10-05-2018, 04:47 PM
My friend was very happy when he saw his grades. A bit less so when he opened the package.

irv
10-05-2018, 04:49 PM
My friend was very happy when he saw his grades. A bit less so when he opened the package.

:eek:

ullmandds
10-05-2018, 04:50 PM
They aint 10’s no more!!!

boneheadandrube
10-05-2018, 05:09 PM
I've gotten back a batch of T206's like this, my last and final submission.

Copa7
10-05-2018, 05:11 PM
PSA doesn't care about soccer.

Found another mislabeled psa soccer slab today. I'm up to about 23 this past year.

Good luck.

Throttlesteer
10-05-2018, 05:15 PM
The soccer guys took a little bounce in the USPS truck and threw themselves out of the holder, writhing in agony.

the 'stache
10-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Disgusting. How can this happen?????

frankbmd
10-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Who knew Charlie Chaplin played soccer?

PSA deserves a Red Card.

swarmee
10-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Well, that's pretty ugly. At least with the grade guarantee, your friend will be getting reimbursed for most of those. I've had a few being held by the prongs, but never seen ones like that before.

swarmee
10-05-2018, 08:42 PM
*double post*

Dboneesq
10-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Absolutely NO reason for this to happen. What a shame.

Steve D
10-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Same thing has happened to me with 1974 Topps stamps. The last one I got, just a few months ago, the stamp itself was turned 90 degrees, and was completely out of, and above the part of the slab it was supposed to be in.

It seems that the thin paper items that do not completely fill the slab, are particularly sensitive to shaking and bumping by the mail system.

PSA really needs to rework the slabs to better hold the thinner items.

Steve

thescooper
10-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Who knew Charlie Chaplin played soccer?

PSA deserves a Red Card.

Of course he did he was English

Buythatcard
10-06-2018, 08:12 AM
I've seen that too many times with PSA slabs. They work well for standard size cards but they still have not been able to come up with other sizes that work. I recently won a graded card at a major AH where the slab was too big for the card. It was no fault of the AH or delivery service that the card moved like it did. Take a look at what happened to the bottom right corner of the card. In this case it didn't affect the grade since it was already a 1. But suppose this was a high graded card. Doesn't matter what the grade is, who wants to have a card displayed like that?

Snapolit1
10-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Odd to me that neither PSA nor SGC will publicly comment on obvious debacles like this. Odd PR approach. I'm not suggesting they post on Net 54 every time someone is pissed off about their most recent submission, but for something like this you'd think they'd post and say we agree this is unacceptable, we don't know why it happened, we've contacted the owner and asked him to return at our expenses, etc., etc. Pretty obvious what any reasonable business would say. If I posted a picture of a lousy steak I bought at a national chain like local Ruths Chris or Mortons or the Outback on Twitter or Instagram I'm sure someone would respond within a few hours. The messages this sends to me loud and clear is the clearly these guys don't the proverbial flying fk what any of their customers think about their service.

JollyElm
10-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Just got this one back. PSA should've thrown in a free beach towel since the Mick is swimming so much...

RedsFan1941
10-06-2018, 04:00 PM
there are countless places to buy a steak. there are two choices - three if you count Beckett - to get cards graded. PSA and SGC don’t need to spend time publicly dealing with complaints, especially on message boards where they do not control the narrative. Odd PR? not at all.

Peter_Spaeth
10-06-2018, 06:50 PM
As ugly as the picture looks, my friend was able to tap the cards into place and none was damaged.

As to Steve's point, I think Joe has chosen very wisely to stay off message boards, and to resolve issues privately when necessary. Why mess with incredible success?