PDA

View Full Version : s81 silk question...

Kzoo
09-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Guys...……...I picked this up today at a local estate auction that I've been patiently waiting for since mid August. I'm super excited to add this to my collection. Can these s81 silks be cleaned? How about getting the wrinkles out? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...…..Matt

jcmtiger
09-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Cleaning I don't know, but a pillowcase on top and I think you can iron the wrinkles out. I would have my wife or girl friend do it though

Joe

bigfanNY
09-20-2018, 11:54 PM
Super nice silk.. It is in fact satin so in theory steam will take out wrinkles but I have never tried this. I would be very careful to keep temperature low. Also be very careful about sunlight your image is crisp and best to keep it that way. I saw a silk that was mounted in a frame and the image was against glass and color attached to glass a ruined silk.
But simple non acid mount UV glass on a wall in a room that dose not get sunlight it will look great for many years.
Regards
Jonathan

Kzoo
09-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the info Jonathan and Joe. At some point, I'll try the warm iron approach, but I'm a bit nervous about it.