PDA

View Full Version : Crazy stuff I do

jason.1969
09-13-2018, 07:54 AM
At least in theory my time is valuable. Still, I will happily

-- Spend an hour scouring the internet to try to get a card for $3 instead of $4.

-- Spend $15 on the cards I need for a set and then take an hour putting them in my binder when I could by the complete set already in a binder for $20!

-- Spend a few hundred dollars to upgrade the condition of a set and then try to get 75% of my money back selling singles vs 50% of my money back selling the whole set.

-- Spend two hours sorting cards in a junk wax box I know is worth at best a dollar.

-- Store my TTM George Brett rubber stamped "autographs" in the same box as my best cards.

-- Turn down a $15 offer on a card and counter with $16 as if that dollar will make any difference in my life.

-- And my girlfriend would add "have more baseball cards in frames than pictures of my family!"

How about the rest of you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

ALR-bishop
09-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Time spent posting on a sports card chat board :)

savedfrommyspokes
09-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Time spent posting on a sports card chat board :)

Time reading said postings.

JLange
09-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Save dozens of cards under $5 each in my EBay watchlist.

bnorth
09-13-2018, 01:53 PM
At least in theory my time is valuable. Still, I will happily

-- Spend an hour scouring the internet to try to get a card for $3 instead of $4.

-- Spend $15 on the cards I need for a set and then take an hour putting them in my binder when I could by the complete set already in a binder for $20!

-- Spend a few hundred dollars to upgrade the condition of a set and then try to get 75% of my money back selling singles vs 50% of my money back selling the whole set.

-- Spend two hours sorting cards in a junk wax box I know is worth at best a dollar.

-- Store my TTM George Brett rubber stamped "autographs" in the same box as my best cards.

-- Turn down a $15 offer on a card and counter with $16 as if that dollar will make any difference in my life.

-- And my girlfriend would add "have more baseball cards in frames than pictures of my family!"

How about the rest of you?

Great post Jason.

I do all those but the George Brett autographs. I also:

Have an insane Wade Boggs collection that I have easily 200+ cards that I have 10 or more copies of. Some special edition stuff I would even track down the manufacturer and buy out their left over stock.:eek:

I super collect 2 modern shiny cards that are #ed to 88 and 188. I buy everyone I find and they are not ever going to be worth 1/2 of what i pay for them.

I am putting together a master set of 55 Bowmans. My goal is to acquire every card from fellow Net54 members. I am 5 away from that goal and have no intention of keeping the set. The best part of this for me was all the great people I have had transactions with, thanks everyone.:)

I collect T210 cards only because the Ft Worth players have FTW(F*ck The Warden, my interpretation) on their uniform.

I will trade almost anything for cards and will take most anything in trade for cards including guns, cars, and booze.

This list could go on and on, my name is Ben and I really do have a problem.:D

clydepepper
09-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Wow! I never realized how many parallel dimensions there are with people doing exactly the same things I do.

- except that I don't have nearly as many Boggs cards.

Welcome to Bizarro Net54 (sorry Leon).

JollyElm
09-13-2018, 05:52 PM
-- Spend a ridiculous amount of time adding cards to my watch list, so I can snap them up when ebay gives us the 15% off coupon code...only to completely ignore them when ebay finally offers us the 15% off coupon code.

jason.1969
09-13-2018, 06:25 PM
-- Spend a ridiculous amount of time adding cards to my watch list, so I can snap them up when ebay gives us the 15% off coupon code...only to completely ignore them when ebay finally offers us the 15% off coupon code.On the subject, are there any coupon codes in effect right now? Looking at a large purchase (by my standards) but looking for any kinda discount I can get.

rats60
09-13-2018, 07:10 PM
On the subject, are there any coupon codes in effect right now? Looking at a large purchase (by my standards) but looking for any kinda discount I can get.

8% EBay bucks but today is the last day.

wdwfan
09-13-2018, 07:29 PM
I do the same thing most of you do. I try to build sets that can be bought for just a few dollars when it would cost more to finish out the set. I sort and sort and resort and resort again.

Look over the ebay again and again and again to find something for a buck or two cheaper than one I've already got on my watch list.

Spend time listing on ebay when I know stuff isn't going to sell. Just a waste of time.

Volod
09-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Hey, as far as hobbies go, it beats the hell out of cutting the grass and cleaning the rain gutters, which is what my ex preferred that my time went into.

jason.1969
09-14-2018, 03:57 PM
Hey, as far as hobbies go, it beats the hell out of cutting the grass and cleaning the rain gutters, which is what my ex preferred that my time went into.I can relate!

timzcardz
09-17-2018, 01:49 PM

But there is something therapeutic about this.

Rickyy
09-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Spent an hour looking at 73 Topps FB commons - John McMakin card online to find one that was reasonably centered and not tilted to upgrade my set. That set drives me nuts as it has really poor tilted centering. :rolleyes:

Ricky Y

ALBB
09-17-2018, 03:35 PM
that is funny...and of course true