PDA

View Full Version : PSA Reholder - New Labels

T206Collector
09-07-2018, 06:56 AM
If I see a card in a PSA case with the new labels can I assume that it has been blessed by the new overlords, or if the old overlords encapsulated a trimmed or wrinkled card, will the new overlords look the other way when it comes across the desk and just slab it with the same grade but a new label?

dplath
09-07-2018, 07:13 AM
They look the other way, slab it with the same grade and a new label.

Peter_Spaeth
09-07-2018, 07:23 AM
I doubt that for your $5 reholder fee they are giving it much more than a cursory look, although I imagine for cards that have known issues such as 52 Mantles etc. they probably are doing more.

bobbyw8469
09-07-2018, 07:56 AM
I doubt that for your $5 reholder fee they are giving it much more than a cursory look, although I imagine for cards that have known issues such as 52 Mantles etc. they probably are doing more.

It's now $7.

iowadoc77
09-07-2018, 07:59 AM
$50 at the National which was my only option for my T206 Plank. Same grade. Mostly terrified at handing it to someone who casually wrapped it partially in a confirmation paper and walked away with it.

swarmee
09-07-2018, 08:03 AM
No, you should not assume that. Only grievous errors will be corrected by the reholder process. And during the review process, most submitters will set the min grade acceptable to be higher than the current grade, so no grade drop happens. However, if PSA detects trimming or alteration or now disagrees with the grade during a review, they can force a downgrade of the card without the owner's consent and reimburse the owner the difference in value.

Once a card receives a PSA grade, it almost never drops.

pokerplyr80
09-07-2018, 08:28 AM
What's really ridiculous is they used to have an option for a reholder and review at the same time but no longer do. It seems like the perfect time to review for a bump would be when it's already out of the holder, right? Apparently not. I even said I would pay both fees separately but was turned down.

T206Collector
09-07-2018, 09:32 AM
That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure before I plunk down good money on high grade PSA cards in the new slabs. I appreciate the feedback.