PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Coin Expo

rdwyer
09-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Tomorrow thru Saturday. Ne1 going? I'm going tomorrow morning.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
09-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Headed down tomorrow with my dad (who's a coin guy). Bringing some stuff for sale/trade and some drop offs for PSA. Hope there's a good selection of vintage and modern.

spacktrack
09-05-2018, 07:29 PM
REA will be set up at this show for the first time ever in booth 1442.

Please stop by and see our new West Coast consignment director Calvin Arnold, who will be accepting items for our March auction.

If you want to discuss anything with him, feel free to e-mail him (calvin@robertedwardauctions.com).

Brian

Lorewalker
09-05-2018, 08:57 PM
PSA is doing onsite grading. That in itself makes it worth a visit.

KCRfan1
09-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Moving back to LA in October. I believe they do an event in January? How is the Long Beach Expo? What can I expect to see?

pokerplyr80
09-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Moving back to LA in October. I believe they do an event in January? How is the Long Beach Expo? What can I expect to see?

More coins than cards but still a decent selection of vintage. Maybe 15 tables or so if I remember right.

Griffins
09-06-2018, 01:07 AM
I'll be there Friday afternoon.
There is also a show in Culver City on Oct 13th.

SMPEP
09-06-2018, 09:42 AM
There is also a show in Culver City on Oct 13th.

There is?

Where?

Griffins
09-06-2018, 11:07 AM
I got this right after the National. They promised lots of promo but I haven't seen anything, hopefully it's still on. It's about 3 blocks from my studio, right off the 10 and the metro line. I think it's the studio where they film Tosh.O

Leon, if this is against the rules please feel free to delete. I don't know the promoters and this is not affiliated with the show that Adam, Jason and I did a few years ago.

Lorewalker
09-06-2018, 11:38 AM
I noticed the letters TBC next to the date. Suggests To Be Confirmed, possibly, which might explain why you have not seen any promo on it.

oldjudge
09-06-2018, 04:18 PM
I was at Long Beach today and had a great time. I dropped off some cards with PSA (line, but not a horrible wait, and very friendly staff). I enjoyed chatting with Mark Macrae, Andy Madec, Pete Calderone, Glyn Parson, and Calvin Arnold. I also had the rare good fortune to run into Terry and Shirley Knouse who flew in from Pennsylvania to look for some coins. There is some vintage material there, and even a little 19th century stuff. It’s still basically a coin show, but the sport card presence is building.

rdwyer
09-06-2018, 04:49 PM
I did some selling, and talked with the regulars. Had a fun time shopping around.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
09-06-2018, 07:39 PM
surprised the sports card selection seemed lighter this time around. I dropped some cards off at PSA (a very rare sight to see no line), had a nice chat with Calvin at REA and ended up buying this - because he's having a season for the ages, might win the triple crown and I just love to watch the dude hit!

SMPEP
09-07-2018, 07:53 AM
I got this right after the National. They promised lots of promo but I haven't seen anything, hopefully it's still on. It's about 3 blocks from my studio, right off the 10 and the metro line. I think it's the studio where they film Tosh.O

Leon, if this is against the rules please feel free to delete. I don't know the promoters and this is not affiliated with the show that Adam, Jason and I did a few years ago.

Thanks Anthony!

jayandbutton
09-08-2018, 07:39 AM
that's what this show should become. west coast collectors are starving to see quality material somewhere other than on a computer screen or smart phone. glad i went because jean roy, a simi valley dealer, gave me a nice deal on 50 and 51 bowman upgrades.

should have brought along PSA submissions but went unaware they were doing full service. next time.