PDA

View Full Version : Vintage stores around mentor ohio

Mmcar
09-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Heading to mentor ohio area this weekend. Was wondering if anyone new of any good sports card shops in the area that carries vintage cards and memorbilia?Thanks

BobC
09-07-2018, 02:43 PM
The closest one I know of that is still in existence is Grand Slam Sports Cards at 17800 Chillicothe Road, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023. That is a bit of a trip from Mentor though, maybe a half hour or depending on exactly where you're coming from. Also, the owner may be out and about at a show and his wife is there at the shop then. Also, depends on what you're looking for. He has 50's and 60's, and a lot more recent stuff, including new wax, as well. Not so great on pre-war though, at least not from what i remember. Still, he has a fairly big store with a lot to look through if you are just wanting to spend some time. If the owner isn't there himself, not sure his wife is that knowledgeable about cards to be able to talk much.

Mmcar
09-08-2018, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the info!I will probably check it out later today.Anyone know of any local shows in the cleveland area?I know i’m about a month late from the natioal which would have been a great experience.

BobC
09-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately, you're about a week early. There's a card show at the Strongsville, Ohio - Holiday Inn, but it isn't until next Sunday, 9/16.