PDA

View Full Version : 1882 Vogel Brothers Trade Card

aelefson
08-29-2018, 10:23 AM
Hi-

I recently acquired a Vogel Brothers Spring and Summer Fashions 1882 booklet at the Hartford Ephemera show last weekend. I know there is a trade card for this company, but I am curious if the trade card is actually just cut from the cover of the booklet, or if it is a different item altogether. The interior and back cover have no baseball scenes unfortunately. Please feel free to post your own Vogel Brothers or other oddball trade cards.

Alan

Cozumeleno
08-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Nice piece and interesting thought. I have never seen the entire booklet together like that - only pictures of the front of the card. I suppose the question could be answered if the card has the same back as the inside cover of that publication. I'm just not sure if the cards are blank-backed or not.

In his book, Frank Keetz identifies the card as being 3 1/4" x 4 11/16". Is your piece that size?

aelefson
08-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Thank you for checking Keetz's book as I do not have one. Mine is a little bit more than 3 1/4 inches by 5 inches.

Cozumeleno
08-29-2018, 01:29 PM
No problem - that sounds within the parameters. The measurements in the book are not 100% right and yours seems close. Hopefully someone here has one and can comment on the back of theirs. I have a lot of trade cards but not that one, despite looking for some time. If I hear any more on it, though, I'll check back.