PDA

View Full Version : tried selling my d322's & t206 pirates

TipTopBread
08-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Has anyone have dealings with "baseball card roadshows"? they had a large add a few days before the weekend in local paper. indicating they were buying only vintage baseball cards. i thought i would give them a try. i was very much surprised, they offered very little for my d322 (a total of 103 with 3 seperate wagners) and very little for my t206 pirates (not including honus). if you have dealted with them how successful were you? i am thinking i was to easy with them. comments welcome!!!

x2drich2000
08-22-2018, 03:37 PM
Here's a thread from last year about them.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239703

swarmee
08-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Kit Young is doing a traveling trip to the East Coast; check his website to see if you're in the areas he's visiting.

brianp-beme
08-23-2018, 12:13 AM
they offered very little for my d322 (a total of 103 with 3 seperate wagners) and very little for my t206 pirates (not including honus).

I imagine I am not alone in wanting to see some of your Pirates collection, especially the hoard of D322 cards...are you willing to post some?

Brian

ullmandds
08-23-2018, 06:41 AM
I imagine I am not alone in wanting to see some of your Pirates collection, especially the hoard of D322 cards...are you willing to post some?

Brian

yes...lets see!!!! I'd think there are lots of AH's that'd love to help you sell your collection!!!1

TipTopBread
08-23-2018, 07:59 AM
There is such a larage volume of follow ups, that I will need some time to respond. I thank you all for the follow ups. I hope to get back to you.

Leon
08-23-2018, 08:02 AM
There is such a larage volume of follow ups, that I will need some time to respond. I thank you all for the follow ups. I hope to get back to you.

Yes, 3 is a large number right in front of 2 and 1. The other response was merely showing a thread link. Please take your time. We don't want any mishaps or calamities. And we don't have an aid station if you get too dehydrated or dizzy.

TipTopBread
08-23-2018, 08:43 AM
leon,
I had two strokes recently and i am not well. hope you and the members can understand why i am buying time

Jersey City Giants
08-23-2018, 09:03 AM
feel better!

swarmee
08-23-2018, 12:08 PM
I figured he meant emails to his Net54 inbox.

BradH
08-23-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes, 3 is a large number right in front of 2 and 1. The other response was merely showing a thread link. Please take your time. We don't want any mishaps or calamities. And we don't have an aid station if you get too dehydrated or dizzy.

I assumed he meant he'd recieved a lot of emails, PMs, etc., because a lot of people on this board do that in response to certain posts (contact the individual directly and not publicly).

While I think there is a time and place for sarcasm in life, this one missed the boat. By a lot. He doesn't really owe it to anyone to show pics of his cards, but if he does it should on his timetable, not yours.

Leon
08-23-2018, 01:10 PM
I assumed he meant he'd recieved a lot of emails, PMs, etc., because a lot of people on this board do that in response to certain posts (contact the individual directly and not publicly).

While I think there is a time and place for sarcasm in life, this one missed the boat. By a lot. He doesn't really owe it to anyone to show pics of his cards, but if he does it should on his timetable, not yours.

No worries, your opinion. It was obviously an attempt at some humor.
Had he said he had a stroke or two I wouldn't have made the comment. You should put your full name by your post if you want to retort like that, at least in the future. And I hope he feels better too.
thanks

Sean1125
08-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Has anyone have dealings with "baseball card roadshows"? they had a large add a few days before the weekend in local paper. indicating they were buying only vintage baseball cards. i thought i would give them a try. i was very much surprised, they offered very little for my d322 (a total of 103 with 3 seperate wagners) and very little for my t206 pirates (not including honus). if you have dealted with them how successful were you? i am thinking i was to easy with them. comments welcome!!!

What did they offer you for your collection?

Lorewalker
08-23-2018, 09:39 PM
The D322 is a great set. I have almost completed mine. Good luck with your sale.

TipTopBread
08-24-2018, 03:23 PM
working with a NET54 member, who was one of the first that maybe interested

Jcfowler6
08-31-2018, 12:37 PM
Good luck and get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk