PDA

View Full Version : Can't ask seller a question on eBay

Chris Counts
08-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Has anybody encountered this before? The last few times I tried to ask an eBay seller a question, I got this response ...

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now."

Is this really something a seller is requesting, or is this eBay just being difficult?

Lorewalker
08-11-2018, 04:37 PM
I have encountered that a few times but not recently. I assumed it was a site issue. I don't think sellers have the ability to not be contacted by perspective buyers.

Peter_Spaeth
08-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I have seen that from a couple of high volume nonsports sellers. I do think a seller can request that, and it is not a site issue.

pokerplyr80
08-11-2018, 04:55 PM
I'd be very reluctant to buy from a seller who has intentionally blocked all prospective buyers from even asking a question.

Peter_Spaeth
08-11-2018, 05:50 PM
I'd be very reluctant to buy from a seller who has intentionally blocked all prospective buyers from even asking a question.

What if you didn't have a question though? :confused:

Lorewalker
08-11-2018, 06:05 PM

If a tree falls in the forest...

I have a few people in my blocked bidder list and they seem to be able to contact me despite that. I guess I need to be MUCH higher volume to be able to block anybody. :mad:

I agree with the other person however. If you have a legit question but cannot contact the seller, I would probably move on. How busy or under staffed must one be that they cannot answer emails when they run an online business?

Peter_Spaeth
08-11-2018, 06:48 PM
I think there is a separate way to block communication. Not a question of volume but finding the right setting. Could be wrong.

pokerplyr80
08-11-2018, 09:36 PM

I see your point. Well if my question was blocked from going through I would just move on. Or if I learned on this site that's what a seller did then I would avoid him.