PDA

View Full Version : How do we get rid of Dean's?

mintacular
08-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Look, I know he is an advertiser. I know he is a knowledgeable/nice guy. I know he offers good scholarly info. to the hobby. I realize occasionally his prices are within the realm of purchase. But let's face it. He has made searching on eBay and COMC very difficult. Yes, I know there are ways to filter him out on eBay, but COMC not so much. God forbid he discover other websites like Beckett to peddle his overpriced stuff. Is there anyone here that can reach him is there any way to stop this madness? Please don't give me the "it's his card, he can charge anything he wants". I understand he CAN ask these prices but he makes it so much difficult to find other sellers' items.... Help!!!!!

ALR-bishop
08-04-2018, 06:03 PM
In a strange way this makes me feel better about how my day went today

swarmee
08-04-2018, 06:14 PM
You can easily filter out Dean's cards on COMC.
1) On the left menu bar, click "Item Condition Ungraded"
2) Then click "None" or "COMC"

Poof. Goodbye Dean's Cards.

T205 GB
08-04-2018, 06:15 PM
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news here Pat but you’re gonna have to buy him out to get rid of him.

Johnny630
08-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Only buy in person never buy online. That’s my motto

RedsFan1941
08-04-2018, 06:31 PM
first world problems

Leon
08-04-2018, 06:40 PM
He's not an advertiser.

murphy8276
08-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Only buy in person never buy online. That’s my motto

lol what? Most of us are not still in the Stoneage bud.

Johnny630
08-04-2018, 09:02 PM
I’m old school when it comes to buying a card. 1-4 is my usually buy per year. I like buying virgin cards knowing the background. I don’t want a card that has a VCP trail a mile long over the past year or so.
Not to say good stuff can’t be found online, however From reading on here and viewing cards bought by collectors offline it looks and sounds like a lot of bitching and complaining. I’ve heard complaints on here from shipping cost to
Shill Bidding I don’t worry about any of this. If you see it in person and work a deal you can buy with 100% confidence. Every other post
Seems to be a complaint about a deal or business practice online. I’m happy to stick to in person only. Maybe I’m crazy but I’m happy being in the Stone Age when it comes to buying a card. :-)

conor912
08-04-2018, 09:10 PM
I’m old school when it comes to buying a card. 1-4 is my usually buy per year. Not to say good stuff can’t be found online, however From reading on here and viewing cards bought by collectors offline it looks and sounds like a lot of bitching and complaining. I’ve heard complaints on here from shipping cost to
Shill Bidding I don’t worry about any of this. If you see it in person and work a deal you can buy with 100% confidence. Every other post
Seems to be a complaint about a deal or business practice online. I’m happy to stick to in person only. Maybe I’m crazy but I’m happy being in the Stone Age when it comes to buying a card. :-)

I like it.

Johnny630
08-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks Conor912

glynparson
08-05-2018, 05:47 AM
Have we really gotten that lazy that it has become such a hassle to scroll by a card on the internet. Honestly what’s it take a fraction of a second. Seriously I agree his prices are often rather high to crazy but honestly I don’t find scrolling by something I find overpriced all that difficult.

Jason
08-05-2018, 05:52 AM
I’m all for having more dealers regardless of prices. You never know where that want list card will come from. And a few tough ones of mine have come from Deans!

toppcat
08-05-2018, 09:40 AM
It must be fun for hobby dealers to come on here and see themselves slagged for no good reason.

cubman1941
08-05-2018, 09:47 AM
I’m old school when it comes to buying a card. 1-4 is my usually buy per year. I like buying virgin cards knowing the background. I don’t want a card that has a VCP trail a mile long over the past year or so.
Not to say good stuff can’t be found online, however From reading on here and viewing cards bought by collectors offline it looks and sounds like a lot of bitching and complaining. I’ve heard complaints on here from shipping cost to

I agree with what you say - however - what about us who do not have a person within 500 miles to buy from? We don't have a choice and have to go on-line.

ALR-bishop
08-05-2018, 10:57 AM
It must be fun for hobby dealers to come on here and see themselves slagged for no good reason.

Maybe it is fun for them Dave. When all those threads complaining about Levi's high prices used to show up someone pointed out that 707 was code for LOL

Peter_Spaeth
08-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Have we really gotten that lazy that it has become such a hassle to scroll by a card on the internet. Honestly what’s it take a fraction of a second. Seriously I agree his prices are often rather high to crazy but honestly I don’t find scrolling by something I find overpriced all that difficult.

Maybe they can program Alexa to block out Dean while it's doing your laundry, checking up on your kids and turning off your lights.

A whole generation of people staring into their devices all day long is bad enough. People talking to and delegating tasks to a cylinder sitting on their counter is even worse. This is progress?

luciobar1980
08-05-2018, 12:36 PM
I’ve been wanting to post about Dean’s for awhile now. His cards are overpriced and his scans are intentionally oversaturated and overcontrasted to boot. Not sure how he sells any cards.

CobbSpikedMe
08-05-2018, 01:01 PM
... someone pointed out that 707 was code for LOL

Al, I must've missed that thread but that's funny. :D