PDA

View Full Version : SGC to PSA - Crossover or crack it out and re-submit?

Madi$on18joshua
07-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Have any of you all tried this? What were your experiences? What if the grade comes back lower - can I resend back to SGC in the “broken” holder and get re-slabbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny630
07-30-2018, 05:51 PM
This is like playing a slot machine. I have a feeling people are trying get their cards in PSA holders. Sending back to SGC with their flip when they receive a lower grade, idk how they would feel. I know PSA would laugh and disregard the flip. It’s a total gamble......I wouldn’t be very happy if I was SGC knowing this is happening.

Anish
07-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Always crack.

But no legit grader will re-slab a card that has been cracked. It will need to be regraded.

52ToppsMantle
07-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Flipping holders seeking an instant payday is akin to daytrading and hoping you don't get burned. It is a losing game, in my opinion.

Unless you are willing to accept the risk of damage to the card from removal and a possible lower grade, you shouldn't proceed.

Scocs
07-30-2018, 07:23 PM
If it’s pre-war, just keep it in its SGC holder. Enough already!

Madi$on18joshua
07-31-2018, 04:42 AM
It’s that damn set registry! I’m trying to complete the 1915 CJ and I’ve got several in an SGC holder. I also have a t206 Magie error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwantitiwinit
07-31-2018, 05:37 AM
Shouldn't that have been a consideration when you originally bought the card? Why buy the card if you weren't happy with it in an SGC holder or weren't willing at that time to resubmit?

swarmee
07-31-2018, 06:46 AM
Actual advice: for high valued or high condition cards, try a crossover submission first with min grade selected. I would usually take 1 grade less, but if it's really valuable already inthe SGC holder, maybe just a 0.5 drop?
If they don't cross and you're sure they meet the requirements for the grade, then crack out for the 2nd submission.

Frank A
07-31-2018, 06:57 AM
I never ever send a card from one grader to another in a holder. Crack it out. 90% of the time they come back the same grade.

silvor
07-31-2018, 07:34 AM
But no legit grader will re-slab a card that has been cracked. It will need to be regraded.

Yup, and SGC says on their site once cracked you have to start all over again.

bobbyw8469
07-31-2018, 07:47 AM
I never ever send a card from one grader to another in a holder. Crack it out. 90% of the time they come back the same grade.

Tell that to my Pete Rose rookie that went from an SGC '3' to PSA Authentic. Crackouts are a gamble.

Madi$on18joshua
07-31-2018, 10:48 AM
Shouldn't that have been a consideration when you originally bought the card? Why buy the card if you weren't happy with it in an SGC holder or weren't willing at that time to resubmit?
I started out that way but the cards do not come available very often, so I get what is available.

ullmandds
07-31-2018, 10:55 AM
I started out that way but the cards do not come available very often, so I get what is available.

wish I had some cj's in psa holders i was looking to dump at a fraction of their value on you?