PDA

View Full Version : Net54Baseball Buy Sell Trade Section - Live Auctions - Closing Time Definition

Leon
07-24-2018, 11:15 AM
As a friendly suggestion for those members listing things in our Live Auction section you should do a few things but they aren't mandatory. *For the record the seller always gets the final call when there is a dispute. If something gets crazy a PM to a moderator will get our attention to try to help.

1. Sellers should specify what Time Zone the ending is in. Our forum is set to Central Standard Time zone, but as long as you specify then there shouldn't be any issues. I guess if a time zone isn't specified then the assumption could/would be the board one, but that is an assumption and not best.

2. Sellers should specify what happens at the given minute of a close. IF you say the auction ends at 9pm CST.....so does a 9:00pm bid count? In a best case you would describe it something like...

"Auction ends at 9:00pm CST. A bid marked 9:00pm, or before, is good and a bid marked after that isn't. In the event of a tie the first post/bid wins."

But without saying the 9:00pm (on the dot) bid is good it leaves it open to interpretation. There is no need for that. This issue came up recently. And for any ongoing auctions you can always add this caveat as a post and bump your auction thread, so folks will see the specificity.

That all said we are a board with few hard rules especially in the BST areas. Be nice over there, communicate quickly and well and report weird stuff :). BE CAREFUL. Be vigilant on knowing your trade partner is vetted.
Caveat Emptor. If you don't know whether a member is good or not PM me or another moderator. If I don't know I can pick up the phone and call them to get a better understanding. Knock on wood but we have extremely few issues over there.

Happy Collecting and Bidding...

Jason
07-24-2018, 02:08 PM
I have seen that scenario quite often were the bidding ends at 9pm and they is some confusion. Good to see clarification on it.

steve B
07-24-2018, 03:50 PM
So two bids at exactly 9:00? Or even one at 8:59 and one at 9?

What sniping software works with the board?

Leon
07-24-2018, 04:38 PM
So two bids at exactly 9:00? Or even one at 8:59 and one at 9?

What sniping software works with the board?

2 at 9:00.....there are 60 seconds to bid in that minute so several bids could come easily be posted in it. I don't know of any sniping s/w to bid on our forum :).

icollectDCsports
07-24-2018, 08:29 PM
My only suggestion is that sellers put the ending date (and time, if possible) in the thread title. Makes it easier on prospective bidders to see what's ending when.