PDA

View Full Version : Signed Jim Foxx , Jimmy Foxx ,Jimmie Foxx

MikeGarcia
07-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Hello --- I've seen mostly "Jimmie" but also several "Jimmy" and two "Jim"-- is there a price premium on the less common of these three autographs or doesn't that matter ?
..Thanks , MikeGarcia

Td8237
07-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Hi Mike, I have Jim foxx from a very small picture that was signed above a very small picture from about 1929. This came from Jim Stinson. I have read that how he signed his name just changed as the years went on. I would think the only premium would have to do with the quality of the autograph along with the item ( cut, picture, gpc, ball) that the signature was on. I’m sure Rich Simon could provide a more definitive answer than the one that I have given.

Klrdds
07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
All of Jimmie Foxx's autographs sell for roughly the same amount regardless of his first name spelling although the Jimmie Foxx version is most common. The most valuable form of his autograph would be the full name version James Emory Foxx which I have searched for but have never seen .

RichardSimon
07-16-2018, 05:50 AM
All of Jimmie Foxx's autographs sell for roughly the same amount regardless of his first name spelling although the Jimmie Foxx version is most common. The most valuable form of his autograph would be the full name version James Emory Foxx which I have searched for but have never seen .

++