PDA

View Full Version : New Member

iceman15658
07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Hello from PA, Getting back into collecting after about a decade off just getting singles here and there. Been reading the forum on and off for a while and enjoy learning from the knowledgeable collectors.

Joe

JustinD
07-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Welcome!

My wife's family is just north of you in Indiana, PA. Nice part of the country over there.

toledo_mudhen
07-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Welcome Aboard IceMan - Hope your going to be a "post war" kind of collector (more than our fair share of PreWar guys) - I keep tellin em that PreWar refers to Vietnam - they're not buyin it. Spent Lots of years up in Northwest Ohio - so we are kinda ex neighbors

iceman15658
07-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Thanks Justin and toledo for the welcome! IUP in Indiana PA, is about 45 minutes away from me. Nice except for those bad winters ;) , The fall and summers are amazingly gorgeous. Yeah, I'm definitely a "post war" (was there a war or two before Vietnam :eek::D) and "modern" collector. I do love those prewar cards and the few that I have. May delve into them after I get established more at work. Went to college in Erie so we were neighbors :cool:

Thanks Guys
Joe

JollyElm
07-08-2018, 04:58 PM
I hope your enjoyment of the site is so great that you become worthy of a purple sticker!!!!!!! (Yep, that's an inside joke here.) Welcome aboard!!!

iceman15658
07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Thanks Jolly! How about a nice big Stargell Star instead????:D

Leon
07-16-2018, 04:34 PM
A belated, welcome. Slow and easy is a good strategy for vintage. We have a fairly active post war side of the board too. Happy collecting.

Hello from PA, Getting back into collecting after about a decade off just getting singles here and there. Been reading the forum on and off for a while and enjoy learning from the knowledgeable collectors.

Joe

VoodooChild
07-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Welcome Iceman! I'm born in raised in Pittsburgh and also went to college near Erie (Edinboro). Living down south now and definitely don't miss the lake effect snow.

cardsnstuff
07-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Welcome aboard; and if you bleed green being from PA like me. I'll make it in all caps and say HELLO NEIGHBOR.

iceman15658
07-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Thanks Leon, You have a great forum. On the few others that I am a part of, I usually get only one or two replies in the "welcome" thread post. Seems like a good and positive group. Thanks for having me

Voodoo, A fellow Fighting Scot! BORO 2007, Nothing like going to bed with grass then waking up with 2.5' of snow and walking to class.

Cardsnstuff! HELLO NEIGHBOR (they do need to work on these potholes though :D)