PDA

View Full Version : Boo Ferriss Hood Premium - Information Needed

Greenmonster
07-07-2018, 09:20 PM
I can't find any information on this premium, any help would be appreciated. I assume it's an advertising premium from Hood Ice Cream. It measures 8 1/2" X 10 1/4". Thank you. Jim

JLange
07-09-2018, 04:26 AM
That is a very cool premium you have there!

I found this neat ad from the Sep 18, 1945 Boston Globe with the same image of Dave Ferris. The text at the bottom reads,

"Dave Ferris..the year's outstanding rookie and pitching sensation of the Boston Red Sox."

and

"FREE - ask your favorite Hood Ice Cream Dealer for your autographed picture of Dave Ferris."

Nice pickup!

Greenmonster
07-09-2018, 09:14 PM
That is a very cool premium you have there!

I found this neat ad from the Sep 18, 1945 Boston Globe with the same image of Dave Ferris. The text at the bottom reads,

"Dave Ferris..the year's outstanding rookie and pitching sensation of the Boston Red Sox."

and

"FREE - ask your favorite Hood Ice Cream Dealer for your autographed picture of Dave Ferris."

Nice pickup!

Hi Jason....Thank you very much for posting this information and a copy of the ad...very considerate and appreciated! Jim

GoCubsGo32
07-10-2018, 01:41 PM
^^^ Really neat stuff and great research!

JLange
07-13-2018, 08:31 PM
It turns out that Dave Ferriss appeared in a series of ads in the Boston Globe in 1945 for Hood's Ice Cream. Only the first ad previously posted made reference to the premium, but the others are kind of neat as well, so posting for a more complete picture.