PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break

Snapolit1
06-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Seems like every time I post. now someone weights in with a crappy comment about my “track record” on the board (whatever that means) or some other personal type comment. Whatever.
For the record I’ve done at least 50 BST transactions without the slightest issue, including some at six figures. Have mailed stuff free of charge to a few board members, have met Leon and others, and think I’ve always been respectful of others views. But I’ve expressed my opinions and I guess that has pissed some people off. Last week someone went out of their way to gratuitously slam me on the night my dad unexpectedly died. Oh well, can’t please everyone.
Time for a vacation. Enjoy the summer.

Leon
06-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Steve, sorry to hear your Dad passed away (and recently too). May he RIP. I have always thought you are a good member with strong opinions. But at least you have reasoning behind them. A lot of people have opinions based on others opinions, you don't do that. You have your own and voice them. I hope you don't leave but if you do I hope you come back soon...
Tons of folks take breaks. Many times I think I need one. :)

aloondilana
06-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Steve,
I don't know you, but enjoy your posts and input.
I am sorry to hear about your dad.
My condolences to you and your family.

As for the haters on this board, who gives a crap what they say.

Keep doing your thing!!!

CobbSpikedMe
06-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Steve,

From a nobody here, I've always thought your posts were well thought and informative. Very sorry to hear about your father. Like Leon said, may he RIP. I hope you reconsider and stay on the boards as you're not one of the problem children here.

AndyH

Rhotchkiss
06-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Steve,

From a nobody here, I've always thought your posts were well thought and informative. Very sorry to hear about your father. Like Leon said, may he RIP. I hope you reconsider and stay on the boards as you're not one of the problem children here.

AndyH

+1

that T206 Guy
06-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Sorry for your loss.

h2oya311
06-22-2018, 06:25 AM
Steve,

AndyH

+2

Don’t let the few pooper-scoopers get under your skin...

Fballguy
06-22-2018, 07:03 AM
My condolences...I know how hard it is to lose someone you love, especially unexpectedly. Hope you can find solace in the memories of the time you had to together.

Regarding the jerks...Let it roll off your back like water on a duck. There are some here that are too set in their opinions and ways, no matter how obsolete they are, to ever see another's. I just laugh at the crotchety-ness.

I always appreciate your posts because you don't toe the company line like so many here who fear ridicule.

pherbener
06-22-2018, 07:13 AM
Steve, sorry for your loss. We've done BST transactions and they've been perfect. For what it's worth, I've always thought your posts were well thought out and informative. While I don't agree with all of them, I appreciate your contributions to this board.

Republicaninmass
06-22-2018, 08:25 AM
Sorry to hear about you dad, lost mine unexpectedly too a few years back. I echo the sentiment of not letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Some will always have bullying on their agenda, but this is a place where we all share a similar esoteric hobby, and we should a little more forgiving if someone doesn't share our opinion.

Dewey
06-22-2018, 08:27 AM
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness." John Keats

May your heart find peace and may its love never pass into nothingness.

hcv123
06-22-2018, 08:46 AM
I suspect the grief and stress of losing your father makes the words of one or more misguided stand out more. This forum is about sharing opinions and information about the hobby we love - and you do just that. I too have enjoyed reading your posts (don't recall if my opinion aligned or not - likely both). A friend taught me a long time ago - "opinions are like assholes - everyone has one" - I encourage you not to let the words of a few dissuade you from continuing to make a meaningful contribution here.

tiger8mush
06-22-2018, 09:11 AM
... the night my dad unexpectedly died...

Sorry to hear about your dad :(

chalupacollects
06-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Sorry for your loss, have not had the pleasure of meeting you or doing a deal (yet) but don't worry about the negative nellies... your posts are just fine...be well!

Moonlight Graham
06-22-2018, 09:31 AM
Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your father-may he rest in peace. Although we've never met, we did just complete a deal on the B/S/T without a hitch. Enjoy your vacation, but come back soon. And hang in there.

Joe

barrysloate
06-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Condolences on your dad Steve, and I was hoping to get to meet you at the Net54 dinner. Yes, you have strong opinions that are probably quite different than mine, but if you had joined us last week I bet we would have gotten along just fine.

Take a break. Dealing with the loss of your father is more important than fighting with people on a chatboard. And please come back when you are ready.

Leon
06-22-2018, 09:49 AM
You and I are almost polar opposites politically. That said I am not sure there is anyone on the board I like speaking with or spending time with than you, Barry. We all want the same things, it just getting there that differs. And I agree, Steve (hi Steve) needs to take some time for himself, and his family, with respect to his Dad's passing. Hopefully it is only a short time before he comes back.

Condolences on your dad Steve, and I was hoping to get to meet you at the Net54 dinner. Yes, you have strong opinions that are probably quite different than mine, but if you had joined us last week I bet we would have gotten along just fine.

Take a break. Dealing with the loss of your father is more important than fighting with people on a chatboard. And please come back when you are ready.

barrysloate
06-22-2018, 09:55 AM
Thanks Leon, and the feeling is mutual. Sure, I'm not happy about what's going on today, but I try to be reasonable too. What I've come to realize is it's not about me. It's about what the majority wanted. So I have to learn to accept it, despite struggling every day. What makes me happy is getting along with those who have different opinions than mine. Shouting at people is a waste of time.

53Browns
06-22-2018, 09:58 AM
Your family is in my prayers Steve!

pencil1974
06-22-2018, 10:06 AM
I have never had an issue with you ever, I've always thought you were one of the good guys. I've learned over the years people will have issues/opinions with others no matter what you do wether perceived or real. I personally either choose to ignore them or in the case slander defend yourself or your point with facts.

Either way it does not matter in the long run, its a board full of opinions and that will never change. The most important part is taking care of what matters most, you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your Dad passing. I have yet to go through that but can only imagine how tough that is.

Good luck with everything and look forward to having you back when you are ready.

-Brad

horzverti
06-22-2018, 10:08 AM
My condolences Steve. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there.

charlietheexterminator
06-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, take care.

ValKehl
06-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Steve, condolences re the passing of your dad. I hope your vacation from Net54 is a VERY SHORT one. I enjoy reading your posts, even in those instances when I don't agree with you.

rjackson44
06-22-2018, 11:14 AM
God bless steve

glynparson
06-22-2018, 11:29 AM
My sincerest condolences on the passing of your father.

Johnny630
06-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Steve,

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. My your father Rest In Peace.

glchen
06-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Steve, sorry to hear about this and condolences about your loss. I hope you at back on the board soon. Always nice to chat with a fellow Gehrig collector.

clydepepper
06-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Steve- I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there. We have done business before and I was completely satisfied. Thank You for that.

Hope to see you back soon,
Raymond

orly57
06-22-2018, 01:40 PM
Steve,

Keep doing your thing!!!

This is exactly how I feel.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Peter_Spaeth
06-22-2018, 02:25 PM
The irony is that it looks like Steve isn't even reading this.

Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Yesterday 10:06 PM

Stampsfan
06-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Steve,

Keep doing your thing!!!

I agree with Orly (another member whose posts I enjoy). Could not have put this better. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and your passion for Lou Gehrig.

Sincere condolences, especially as it was unexpected and sdden. Tough to say good-bye.

Mark70Z
06-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Have mailed stuff free of charge to a few board members. Enjoy the summer.

Hi Steve,

Hopefully you’ll be back very soon. Please don’t let individuals discourage you from stating or expressing your opinions.

I don’t really view the pre-war side much, since I don’t collect pre-war cards, but once in a while I check it out. I saw your post and I wanted to comment that in my view your one of the “good guys” on Net54. You mentioned that you have mailed free stuff to members and I want all to know that I’m one of those members. Not only have you sent a nice piece of memorabilia once, but twice and didn’t want me to send a penny even with you spending money to ship. I want you to know it was very much appreciated.

I’m so sorry for your loss. My dad passed away a little over two years ago and it took me quite a while to get back to some normalcy. I still miss him. If I can be of any help to you or your family please let me know.

Thanks for your input and contribution to the forum.

emmygirl
06-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Hi Steve, so sorry for your lose of your dad. May he rest in peace. As for the other matter of you taking a break from this site I wish you well with that. I don't collect the older more expensive stuff but I do enjoy tremendously the knowledge of the members here that share their understanding of all the going-ons in the hobby. You are one of my favorite members here because of your honesty on all things about our hobby. You don't know me but I know you and like what I get from your impute (posts). Peace to you and your family at this difficult time. Jim M.

pcoz
06-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Steve so sorry to hear about the loss of your pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshuanip
06-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Sorry for your loss Steve.

1952boyntoncollector
06-23-2018, 05:58 AM
sorry for your loss and how you are treated on net54 (or elsewhere if occurred somewhere else)

ullmandds
06-23-2018, 06:12 AM
I too am sorry to hear about your loss, Steve. When my dad passed away almost 2 years ago...this board was an area of respite for me...similarly now as I'm caring for my ailing mom...while I'm not participating a ton...just reading the threads takes my mind off less pleasant things.

I'm sure you'll be back.

the 'stache
06-24-2018, 12:20 AM
Steve, I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I am incredibly close to both my parents, and I am thankful for each day that I have them. I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling.

If you feel you need a break, take one. But please come back when you feel up to it. You are among friends here.

Bigshot69
06-24-2018, 06:26 AM
Steve, nothing I could post could make up for the loss of your father, however, I do enjoy reading your posts and feel you give this board (and the hobby itself) some color. Take some time to mourn your loss, but in doing so do not forget to celebrate your father’s life as well.

Godspeed,

Adam